Sagliains railway station
Two trains at the station in 2007
|Elevation||1,432 m (4,698 ft)|
|Owned by||Rhaetian Railway|
|Train operators||Rhaetian Railway|
|Opened||22 November 1999|
|Passengers (2018)||1,200 per weekday|
Sagliains railway station is a connecting station on the Bever–Scuol-Tarasp railway in Sagliains, Switzerland. It is located at km 128.67 at 1432 m above sea level at the exit from the Sagliains valley between the villages and stations of Susch and Lavin in the Lower Engadine. It was built on material removed during the construction of the Vereina Tunnel. Sagliains station was opened to timetabled traffic with the Vereina tunnel on November 22 1999.
Sagliains station's main business is the operation of the Vereina car shuttle train to Klosters Selfranga. The car loading station is equipped with two loading tracks next to a loading ramp, which stretches along the valley slope. It has a direct connection to the main road through a car tunnel and a covered gallery, which serves, among other things, the waiting road vehicles and has offices for cashiers. There is also a service building with a self-service kiosk. In addition to the transport of cars, Sagliains station also serves as an interchange station between the Scuol-Tarasp–Pontresina regional services and the Scuol-Tarasp–Landquart–Chur–Disentis regional express services.
As an interchange station, it only has an island platform without access from the outside. Thus, it is not normally possible to use this station for embarking and disembarking, except for changing trains.
- RegioExpress: hourly service between Disentis/Mustér and Scuol-Tarasp.
- Regio: hourly service between Pontresina and Scuol-Tarasp.
- Car shuttle: half-hourly service to Klosters Selfranga.
View of the Vereina Tunnel entrance at Sagliains
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Cologne: Schweers + Wall. 2012. p. 39. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "Passagierfrequenz". Swiss Federal Railways. September 2019. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- Eisenbahnjournal Vol 4, pp. 68–79.
- "Davos Platz - Landquart / Scuol-Tarasp - Vereina - Landquart / St. Moritz - Vereina - Landquart" (PDF) (in German). Bundesamt für Verkehr. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 25 June 2020.
- "Vereina Klosters Selfranga–Sagliains" (PDF) (in German). Bundesamt für Verkehr. 15 October 2019. Retrieved 13 August 2020.
- Die RhB, part 4 (in German). Eisenbahn Journal/Hermann Merker Verlag GmbH Fürstenfeldbruck. March 2000. pp. 68–79. ISBN 3-89610-063-7.