Saharsa (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||13. Madhepura|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
As per Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008, No. 75 Saharsa (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Kahara community development block including Saharsa nagar parishad; Saur Bazar CD Block. In Bihar Legislative Assembly election, 2015, Saharsa will be one of the 36 seats to have VVPAT enabled electronic voting machines.
In the 2010 state assembly elections, Alok Ranjan of BJP won the Saharsa assembly seat defeating his nearest rival Arun Kumar of RJD. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Sanjeev Kumar Jha of BJP defeated Dr. Abdul Gafoor of RJD in October 2005 and Surya Narayan Yadav of RJD in February 2005. Shankar Prasad Tekriwal of RJD defeated Lovely Anand of BPSP in 2000. Shankar Prasad Tekiwal representing JD defeated Satish Chandra Jha of Congress in 1995 and 1990. Satish Chandra Jha defeated Shankar Prasad Tekriwal of LD in 1985. Ramesh Jha of Congress defeated Janardan Pandey of CPI in 1980. Shankar Prasad Tekriwal representing JP defeated Ramesh Jha of Congress in 1977.
- "Rampaging monkeys become election issue in India".
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "36 Seats in Bihar to Have Electronic Voting Machines With Paper Trail Facility".
- "Poll-bound Bihar to get 36 EVMs with paper trail facility".
- "Bihar - Saharsa". Bihar Assembly Elections Nov 2010 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "117 - Saharsa Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-15.