Sahitya Kala Parishad
Sahitya Kala Parishad (साहित्य कला परिषद) (Academy of Performing and Fine Arts) is the Cultural wing of the Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT) of Delhi for music, dance, drama & fine arts, established in 1968, under the 'Department Of Art, Culture And Language'. It was registered under the Society's Registration Act, 1860 on 31 July 1975.
It works towards fostering, visual arts and inculcate artistic awareness within the NCT of Delhi. As a norm, the Chief Minister of Delhi, remains the Chairperson of the Sahitya Kala Parishad. After, the establishment of Language Academies, like the Sahitya Akademi, its focus has been mainly on performing and visual arts. It has also set up two 'District Cultural Centres', one at Janakpuri and other in Vikaspuri (Bodella Village) in Delhi, the latter set up in collaboration with Delhi Public Library has two auditoria.
18-A, Satsang Vihar Marg,
Spl. Institutional Area
The Parishad has over the year established several language academies to promote literature in diverse languages of the state, with the most recent academy, the Maithili- Bhojpuri Academy established on 7 January 2008.
- Hindi Academy (since 1981)
- Punjabi Academy (since 1981)
- Sanskrit Academy (since 1987)
- Sindhi Academy (since 1994)
- Urdu Academy (since 1981)
- Maithili-Bhojpuri Academy (since 2008)
Each year, the Parishad gives Awards for excellence in the field of Performing and Visual Arts, as well as Literature:
- Parishad Samman (Sahitya Kala Parishad Samman)
- Mohan Rakesh Samman
Each year, Sahitya Kala Parishad awards, two-year Scholarships for Advance Training in Music
- Bhartendu Natya Utsav
- Nakhat Utsav
Music and Dance
- Children Jhankar Utsav
- Indraprastha Sangeet Samaroh
- Uday Shankar Nritya Samaroh
- Baisakhi Festival
- Qutub Festival
- Annual Art Exhibition
- Sponsored Art Exhibition
- Exhibition of children's work
- Artists Camp
- Asian Film Festival, Films from across Asia, are screened at different venues in New Delhi.
- Sahitya Kala Parishad Department of art and culture, Govt. of Delhi.
- Sahitya Kala Parishad
- "A cultural centre for every district, says Sheila". The Hindu. 1 October 2006. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Language Academies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi Archived 2008-12-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Schemes Official website.