|GIDA Sahjanwa Gorakhpur
|• Total||1,210 km2 (470 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (54/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
GIDA Sahjanwa is industrial area of Gorakhpur in the state of Uttar Pradesh. It is fast developing an industrial area abbreviated as GIDA with many factories, including IGL, Parle and ARP, as well as power looms, plywood and the only jute mill in Uttar Pradesh. In shortly Sahjanwa is also called GIDA and within this area there are two small railway station (i.e., Sahjanwa and Sihapar) which are very helpful for the transportation of goods for the all industries. It is not only an industrial hub but also an educational hub for engineering students, skill development training and industrial training.
According to the Census  of India in 2001, Sahjanwa had a population of 25,091. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Sahjanwa has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than India's national average of 59.5%. Male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 43%. In Sahjanwa 17% of the population is 6 or younger. Sahjanwa is in the eastern part of Uttar Pradesh. Hindi is the customary language. In the early 1990s, many young people moved to nearby cities.
The two main intermediate colleges are BholaRam Maskara Intermediate College and Murari Intermediate College. The founders are Jyoti Prakash Maskara, owner of The Mahabir Jute Mill and Murari Lal Ji. Murari Intermediate College is one of the oldest colleges in the town and both the colleges trains engineers, doctors, and politicians.
- Little Flower Sr. Sec. School
- Tarachand Agrawal Saraswati Vidya Mandir
- Gopal Shishu Mandir
- St. Joseph School
- Navals National Academy
- Maa Sarswati Shishu Mandir Higher Secondory School (Mr.Varun Singh)
- St. Xavier's School
- Draupadi Devi Gita Devi Sarswati Vidhya Mandir Purv Madhyamik Vidhyalay
- Purvanchal College of Higher Education(Formerly-Divya Technical Degree College)
and many more...
Located in the Industrial park (GIDA) of the Gorakhpur are:
- 1000 megawatt distribution center of Indo – Tibbat (TALLA Pariyogana)
- The Mahaveer Jute Mill (India's second Jut Mill in working)
- India Glycols Limited
- Gallant Ispat Ltd
- Azam Rubber Products
- Hindustan petroliam corp.lmt
Sahjanwa has a passenger railway station with trains that go to main railway station of Gorakhpur i.e., Gorakhpur Junction and it also has trains which go to Lucknow. In addition, busses lead to and stop at Gida Gorakhpur. There are so many trains like passenger,express and superfast are passes from Sahjanwa to main station of Gorakhpur all these trains stop at Sahjanwa for few minutes.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.