Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine
June 2011 cover of Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine'
|First issue||October 1, 2009|
|Company||Fast Media Ltd|
|Based in||Sai Kung|
Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine is a free-distributed English language lifestye magazine. It is a Hong Kong-based English-language monthly published by Fast Media Ltd. Premiering in 2009, the magazine targets highly-affluent professionals who work in Hong Kong but raise their families in the spacious coastal suburbs the territory. It offers living advice, parenting and education advice, property news as well as exploring outdoor activities and local entertainment listings. It is also well known for its aerial photos. New issues are distributed on the first day of each month. It has a claimed readership of 31,000.
Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine was founded by Tom Hilditch. The first issue was called simply Sai Kung Magazine, and was published in October 2009 by local private company, Fast Media Ltd. It had 36 pages. In January 2010 the title was changed to "Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine". In June 2010 the magazine had 60 pages.
Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine is distributed free at around 100 venues including restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookshops, country clubs, private residential complexes and international schools. Piles of Sai Kung Magazine displayed in acrylic stands are a common sight in Sai Kung bars, restaurants and country clubs in the early days of each month.
The magazine prints 10,000 copies per month and claims around 31,000 readers per month.
According to a survey conducted by Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine in 2010, 88% of the readers are holders of at least one university degree and 80% earn more than HK$100,000 per month. 78% have children of school age. (Source: Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Readership Survey).
Sai Kung Magazine usually contains lifestyle features about local events, dining, property, boating, hiking, parenting and local environment issues.--> The main sections that appear regularly in the magazine are:
- Letters from readers. There may be comments or thoughts about past issues of the magazine or opinions towards social issue, etc.
- Listings of local events and happenings.
- Reports of local interest and community news.
- Local Hero
- An interview section that features celebrated residents. Past interviewees have included Sir David Tang, Jill Robinson, Kenneth Bi and Wayne Parfitt
- This section includes features and reviews on restaurants and cafes, introducing the latest news on where to find delicacies in Sai Kung & Clearwater bay. There are usually recommendations of an indoor, an outdoor and a new restaurant in every issue. Sometimes, there will be a collection of recommendations from a particular area or cuisine.
- Usually the story of an upscale family house that has been redesigned or renovated.
- A look at some local or international school or afterschool activity.
- Columns and advice about coping with children and parenting.
- Health & Beauty
- News, features and reviews of local spas and health studios.
- A column by Dr Carmel Taylor, a well known local vet.
- A column by Jane Ram, which the magazine claims is "the only gardening column in Hong Kong", a city otherwise dominated by skyscrapers.
- An advertising section with no editorial except for an extensive local "Directory of Shops & Services".
- Last Orders
- A monthly column written by Iain Lafferty.
Sai Kung & Clearwater Bay Magazine is a publication of Fast Media Limited.
|This lifestyle magazine or journal–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.