Sai Wan Estate
Sai Wan Estate (Chinese: 西環邨) is a public housing estate in Kennedy Town, Sai Wan, Hong Kong. Built into a hillside that had to be extensively cut away in 1958 and 1959, the estate comprises 640 flats in five linear blocks of 10 to 14 storeys. It is the only public housing estate in Central and Western District developed by the Hong Kong Housing Authority and it is the second oldest existing public housing estate built by the Hong Kong Housing Authority, after Model Housing Estate.
Although the age of the estate is quite old, the Housing Authority decided not to redevelop the estate in the short term. Instead, repair works will be carried out in the buildings to sustain the estate for the next 15 years.
|Centre Terrace||Old Slab||1958|
- Architectural Association (Great Britain) (1962). "Housing Estates". Architectural Association journal 78.
- Sai Wan Estate Improvement Programme
- Comprehensive Structural Investigation of Aged Public Housing Estates
- So Uk Estate to be cleared in phases
- Hong Kong Housing Authority - Sai Wan Estate
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sai Wan Estate.|
- 西環邨 (Chinese)