Said Aburish (full name Saʿīd Muḥammad Khalīl ʾAbū Rīsh) (Arabic: سعيد محمد خليل أبو الريش; 1 May 1935 - 29 August 2012) was a Palestinian journalist and writer. Aburish was born in al-Eizariya (also known as "Bethany") in 1935, and he and his family moved to Beirut in 1948 upon the creation of the state of Israel. Aburish attended school in Jerusalem and Beirut. He returned to Beirut in the 1950s as a reporter for Radio Free Europe and the London Daily Mail. He returned to al-Eizariya in 2009, passing away there in 2012.
Over the years, Aburish has written extensively about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and his works on the subject include Cry Palestine, Children of Bethany and The Forgotten Faithful: The Christians of the Holy Land.
Aburish has written a trio of biographies regarding three of the most prominent Arab presidents, Nasser: The Last Arab, Arafat: From Defender to Dictator and Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge. Aburish has also been a strong critic of the Saudi royal family, most notably in the book The Rise, Corruption and Coming Fall of the House of Saud.
- Aburish, Said K.: Children of Bethany: The Story of a Palestinian Family, Indiana University Press 1988. ISBN 978-0-253-30676-0
- Aburish, Said K.: Cry Palestine: inside the West Bank, Bloomsbury, London 1991. ISBN 978-0-7475-1005-5
- Aburish, Said K.: The Forgotten faithful: the Christians of the Holy Land, Quartet, London, 1993. ISBN 978-0-7043-7036-4
- Aburish, Said K.: Rise, Corruption and Coming Fall of the House of Saud, Bloomsbury, London, 1994. ISBN 978-0-7475-1468-8
- Aburish, Said K.: A Brutal Friendship: The West and the Arab Elite, Victor Gollancz Ltd, London, 1997. ISBN 978-0-575-06275-7
- Aburish, Said K.: Arafat: From Defender to Dictator, Bloomsbury Pub. Ltd. (UK), 1998. ISBN 978-1-58234-049-4
- Aburish, Said K.: Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge, Bloomsbury Pub., New York, U.S.A., 1999. ISBN 978-1-58234-050-0
- Aburish, Said K.: Nasser: the Last Arab, Thomas Dunne Books/St. Martin's Press, New York 2004. ISBN 978-0-312-28683-5
- Lycett, Andrew (6 September 2012). "Said Aburish obituary". theguardian.com. London. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Martin, Douglas (2012). "Said K. Aburish, Palestinian Journalist, Dies at 77". New York Times, September 7, 2012.