Saidabad Main Road
|• Official||Hindi, English and Awadhi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bhadohi|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Handia|
Saidabad is a "block of handia Allahabad Saidabad is a major residential hub located in Allahabad District on the GT Road 30 km from Allahabad UP, India. It is part of the Allahabad city and is located on GT Road east Wich goes to Varanasi. During the recent years the area has seen tremendous transformation into a major residential colony. It is among the most green and clean areas of the city Allahabad. The area also houses famous temples like Nimhara Devi Temple.
The old part of Saidabad is a middle-class cosmopolitan neighbourhood, known for its low cost of living owing to accessibility to all the needs and The area houses the Saidabad Police Station which covers major areas around . There is a pond called Pakka Talab infront of Very OLD Hanuman Mandir.
Very special thing is that it is situated besides Allahabad Varanasi Highway.Prachin Shiv Mandir, Kali Mata ka Mandir, Hanumaan Mandir.A great Market " Purani Bazar" since British Government.Shah Memorial and National Hospital.
Schools and College
1) Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Maha Vidyalaya Saidabd Allahabad.
2) Sardar Bhagat Singh Intmediate College Manager Rajesh Mishra.
3) Keshav Shiksha Sadan Intermediate College.
4) Very Old Primary Pathshala now known as BRC.
5) Swati Asmita Nimhara Viklang Sansthan (SANVS)Manager Unmukt Tripathi.
6) Very Old Sanskrit Maha Vidyalaya behind S.B. Singh Inter College.
7) Sarswati Shishu Mandir Saidabad in front of Shyam Bihari Tripathi's Home (Pradhan)
8) Sarswati Gyan Mandir located on GT Road infront of Khadi Bhandar.
9) Pandit Ram Dev Inter College Tiwran Khaptihan Allahabad.
10)Lalla Singh Inter College Bhadwan Saidabad Located after Saidabad Railway Station.
Saidabad is well-connected by the buses, TSRTC, which ply on two routes covering most of the area, and all the buses stop here.
Buses connecting Saidabad are:
- 27 - Midhani - Jeedimatla
- 78 - Saroornagar - Charminar
- 93 - Midhani - Secunderabad
- 102 - Midhani - Secunderabad
- 103 - Bairamalguda - Women's College
- 104 - Champapet - Women's College
- 105 - Saidabad Colony - Women's college/Nam pally/secretariat
- 105s - SBH colony - Women's College
- 109 - Women's College - Subramanyam Colony
- 127 - Midhani - Kondapur
- 131 - Saidabad colony - Secunderabad
- 153 - Saidabad colony - Mehdipatnam
- 158s & 158/105 - Saidabad colony - Sanathnagar
- 203 - Woman's college - Nadergul
- 251 - Woman's college - Shamshabad
- 277 - CBS - Ibrahimpatnam
- Falaknuma - Lingampally - FL & FL
- Falaknuma - Hyderabad - FH & HF
- Falaknuma - Umdanagar - FU & UF
The area has witnessed a few communal tensions in the previous years.Communal flare ups in the Old City have often had roots in the twin neighbouring colonies of Madannapet and Saidabad. Described as being communally hyper-sensitive, the two colonies have been under police scanner for decades.
The chunk of the two-wheelers burning incidents in the Old City following Milad un-Nabi November 2011 were reported from Madannapet and Saidabad. Earlier in 2009, the area witnessed a clash post municipal elections and in 2007, it was again Milad un-Nabi celebrations that triggered tension.
According to locals, the communal friction has been rocking the area since the 1980s and later the Rath Yatra of BJP leader L K Advani in the 1990s added fuel to the fire. Madannapet, which has a near equal presence of both the communities, has a strong RSS presence. On the other hand, Saidabad is home to some controversial persons like Maulana Naseeruddin of Tehreek Tahffuz-e-Shuaer-e-Islam, alleged Simi patron Maulana Abdul Aleem Islahi, whose son Mujahid Saleem was shot dead by the Gujarat police while he was protesting against the arrest of Maulana Naseer and Shaikh Mahboob Ali, the late DJS chief.
Localities in and around Saidabad
Saidabad is a well known residential colony known for its close proximity to major commercial and educational areas of Dilsukhnagar, LB Nagar.The old Sayeedabad has many bastis, being part of the old city like Sapto Bagh Asman Gadh Baquar Bagh, Kurmaguda, Reddy Basti, Poosala Basti, Harijan Basti etc. The colonies are Saidabad Colony, Singareni Colony, SBH Colony, Saraswathi nagar, Vinay nagar colony, LIC Colony, Madhav Nagar Colony, Laxmi Nagar etc.z colony is one of the oldest basti which is very famous in Saidabad.