Saidu Medical College
|Type||Public Government institute|
|Khyber Medical University|
|Dean||Dr. Imranuddin Khattak|
|Location||Saidu Sharif, Pakistan|
|Affiliations||KMU, PMDC, CPSP, PNC, HEC WHO|
Saidu Medical College (SMC) (Urdu: سیدو طبی کالج, Pashto: د سیدو طب پوهنځی) is a public medical institute located in Saidu Sharif, Swat District, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan. It is one of several medical colleges affiliated to Khyber Medical University.
The first principal of Saidu Medical College was prof. M. Zahir Shah. The first batch of MBBS Students was admitted in December 1998 with enrollment of 50 students. Initially, Saidu Medical College was affiliated with University of Peshawar, but now it is affiliated with Khyber Medical University. The Medical College is adjacent to Saidu Teaching Hospital. Till now it has produced more than 1,000 graduates.
Many events are organized by the various societies of the college. The literary society arranges Literary Week, Sports Week, Fun Fair and Crazy Week. Mega Events, Blood Camps, Medical Camps and recreational tours are arranged by other societies like the Bacha Khan Welfare Society.
- Islami Jamiat Talaba is the strongest organization of the college. Islami Jamiat Talaba arranges different events throughout the year to facilitate and entertain the students. These events include annual book fairs, grand mega events, talent award shows, welcome parties to incoming students and farewell parties to outgoing students.
- Bacha Khan Welfare Society: The first society of the college, founded by Dr. Rehmanullah Wazir. It went through a period of hibernation after 2013 but was revived in 2016 and is fully functional today.
- Social Welfare Society: The main objective of SWS of SMC is to give financial support to poor patients, arranging free medical camps in remote areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (including FATA) and to promote public awareness about serious social problems like smoking, AIDS, Drugs and Narcotics.
- Public Health Society: The purpose of Public Health Society in SMC is to play a significant role in preventing health related issues like AIDS/HIV, Hepatitis, Polio, Tuberculosis, Population, Nutrition Programmes, Bird Flu etc.
- Literary Society: To enhance Literary interest of the students.
- Sports Society: This society is responsible for conducting annual sports day each year. It organizes sports week for inter-class tournament each year.
Graduates of Saidu Medical College have penned a number of famous books helpful for medical and paramedical students. These books include First Aid & Patient Safety, KMU Scenarios Solution, One Student Pathology, A Handbook of Public Health for Paramedics & Nurses, An Introduction to Medical Terminologies, Basic Medical Sciences for Paramedics & Nurses and An Easy Drug classification.
- Khyber Medical College
- Khyber Medical University
- Ayub Medical College
- List of medical schools in Pakistan
saidu teaching hospital swat http://sth.org.pk/