|Location||15/17, Maharshi Karve Marg, Charni Road, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Religious affiliation||Dawoodi Bohra|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
Saifee Hospital is a healthcare facility at Charni Road, Mumbai, India, overlooking the Arabian Sea. The head of the Dawoodi Bohra faith, Syedna Mohammad Burhanuddin, dedicated the hospital to the memory of his revered father, Syedna Taher Saifuddin.
Saifee Hospital was established by the Dawoodi Bohras in 1948 with the aim of providing safe, ethical and affordable medical assistance to people of all faiths and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2000, the foundation of a new hospital on the existing premises was laid down by Dr Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin. Construction commenced in 2001 and the new hospital was commissioned on 4 June 2005 in the presence of the Prime minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh. The architecture of the hospital features a combination of classical Arabian (with domes and arches) and contemporary (with glass curtain facades) styles.
The hospital has approximately 250 beds, as well as 44 ICU beds, and 9 operating theatres, and conducts over 10,000 surgeries a year. The hospital also features the first LASIK suite (for advanced laser eye surgery) to be established in India.
Saifee Hospital specializes in bariatric surgeries, cardiology, critical care medicine, dentistry, dermatology, gynecology, hepatology, oncology, neurology, nephrology, ophthalmology, neonatology, high dose radioactive therapy units, and Pressurized Intra Peritoneal Aerosol Chemotherapy (PIPAC). The hospital features a highly advanced Robotic Surgical System to facilitate the surgeon in performing complex but minimally invasive surgery.
- "Saifee Hospital - The Centre for World-Class Healthcare Facilities". The Times of India. 28 February 2020.
- ":: Saifee Hospital - Mumbai ::". saifeehospital.com.
- "The Dawoodi Bohras - Saifee Hospital". thedawoodibohras.com. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- "Indian Prime Minister inaugurates Saifee Hospital in Mumbai". wam.
- "Saifee Hospital inaugurates LASIK suite in India - ET HealthWorld". ETHealthworld.com.
- "Saifee Hospital opens LASIK suite in Mumbai - BPD". www.expressbpd.com.
- Rao, Menaka (22 July 2011). "Mumbai blasts: Saifee, Harkisondas hospitals won't charge govt for victims". Mumbai. Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 26 January 2014.