This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Governor||Saud bin Nayef|
|• Total||5.61 km2 (2.17 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (+3)|
The oldest documents concerning Saihat, which are more than 400 years old, say that Saihat was under the division of Dhahran. During the Ottoman Empire, the cities under Dhahran included Saihat, Bankat, Asseeh, and Aljabba. People in that region built the city of Sawhat on the remains of the old city Avan. This name was mentioned in Al-Musadi's book (التبية والإشراف). The city was renamed Saihat in more modern times.
In English the name of Saihat has various spellings. In the past, it was written as 'Seahat,' but recently the spelling has been changed by some to 'Sayhat.'
Saihat is located directly on the Persian Gulf. Fishing and agriculture are two important industries. Fertile soil and fresh springs provide a home for palm groves. The oil companies are close to Saihat, many people work there or in activities related to the oil industry.
Saihat is a small house close to Qatif prefecture, which forms the southern end of the city. Dammam borders Saihat from the south while all of Saihat's eastern border lies on the Persian Gulf. The estimated size of Saihat is 5.61 square kilometers. Its population is about 75,000.
- Al Sadiq Hospital Abu Musa Alansari, An Nur, Tel:013 850 0160
Air transport is provided by King Fahd International Airport, the terminal is just over driving distance of 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the city.
- Addeera (city center)
- An Nur (called Al Tabooq, or Al Ommal before)
- Al Khasab
- Ghurnata (or Al Nimr Al Janoubi)
- Al Khaleej (or Al Kuwait)
- Qurtuba (includes Al Mahdoud, Al Falah, and Al Nimr Ashimali)
- Al Ferdaws
- Al Muntazah (includes Al Jamiyah)
- Al Kawthar
- Al Neqa
- Al Ghadeer
- Al Faiha
- Al Zohor
- Saihat Society for Social Services http://www.saihatss.org
- Khaleej Sports Club http://khaleejclub.com/
(Media & News)
- Khaleej Saihat News http://khaleejsaihat.com/news
(Food & Beverages)
- Saihat Restaurants http://www.saihatrestaurants.com
Mr. Hussain Al Silham Books:
- A History of Saihat
- Saihat & the Sea
- Saihat Society