Sailing at the 1908 Summer Olympics – 12 Metre
at the Games of the IV Olympiad
Line drawing of a 12 Metre yacht from 1908
|Venue||Clyde Corinthian Yacht Club
|Dates||First race: August 11, 1908
Last race: August 12, 1908
|Competitors||20 from 1 nation|
|Sailing at the
1908 Summer Olympics
|15 Metre||Open||(No entries)|
|●||Event competitions||●||Event finals|
|Total gold medals||1|
The following course was used during the 1908 Olympic 12-Metre regattas in all two races:
Two rounds for a total of 26 nautical miles (48 km).
|11-AUG-1908||1||Moderate wind. Puffy at times.||A pleasant curl on the water.||11:30|
|12-AUG-1908||2||Starting light and steady then died at noon. Later filled in with light air.||Death calm||later||11:30|
The 1908 Olympic scoring system was used. All competitors were male For first place the helmsman and mate of the Hera received gold medals but the crew received silver medals. For second place the helmsman and mate of the Mouchette received silver medals but the crew received bronze medals.
|Country||Helmsman||Crew||Boat||Race 1||Race 2||Total|
||T. C. Glen-Coats|| J. H. Downes (Mate)
J. S. Aspin
J. C. Bunten
A. D. Downes
||C. MacIver|| J. G. Kenion (Mate)
J. M. Adam
W. P. Davidson
J. F. Jellico
T. A. R. Littledale
C. R. MacIver
C. Macleod Robertson
J. F. D. Spence
|At this moment no reliable source is found to inform you on the Notes section during the 12-Metre races at the 1908 Summer Olympics. Please help Wikipedia to find these sources and to further complete this section. (3 February 2015)|
Gilt commemorative medal:
- T. C. Glen-Coats, owner of Hera
Silver commemorative medal:
- C. MacIver, owner of Mouchette
- "Digital Library Collection (Official Olympic Reports 1896–2008)". Digital Library Collection at la84.org. la84foundation. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Sailing at the 1908 London Summer Games: Mixed 12 metres". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "London 1908". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.