Sailing at the 1908 Summer Olympics – 8 Metre
at the Games of the IV Olympiad
Line drawing of an 8 Metre yacht from 1908
|Venue||Royal Victoria Yacht Club, Ryde|
|Dates||First race: July 27, 1908|
Last race: July 29, 1908
|Competitors||24 Male and 1 female (Documented) from 3 nations|
|Sailing at the|
1908 Summer Olympics
|15 Metre||Open (no entries)|
|●||Event competitions||●||Event finals|
|Total gold medals||1|
The following course was used during the 1908 Olympic 6-Metre regattas in all three races:
- Start at Ryde Pier
- №3. Fairway Buoy
- West Measured Mile Buoy
- Boyne Buoy off Portsmouth Spit
- Finish at Ryde Pier
Two rounds for a total of 16 nautical miles (30 km).
The 1908 Olympic scoring system was used. All competitors were male.
|Rank||Country||Helmsman||Crew||Boat||Race 1||Race 2||Race 3||Total|
|1||Great Britain||Blair Cochrane|| Charles Campbell
|2||Sweden||Carl Hellström|| Eric Sandberg
|3||Great Britain||George Ratsey||Diploma Alfred Hughes
Diploma Frederick Hughes
Diploma Philip Hunloke
Diploma William Dudley Ward
Diploma The Duchess of Westminster (Extra)
|4||Norway||Johan Anker||Eilert Falch-Lund
|5||Sweden||John Carlsson||Edvin Hagberg
At this moment no reliable source is found to inform you on the Notes section during the 8-Metre races at the 1908 Summer Olympics. Please help Wikipedia to find these sources and to further complete this section. (3 February 2015)
- Blair Cochrane owner of Cobweb
- Royal Gothenborg Yacht Club owner of Vinga
- The Duchess of Westminster owner of Sorais
- C. Wisbeck owner of Fram
- "Digital Library Collection (Official Olympic Reports 1896 - 2008)". Digital Library Collection at la84.org. la84foundation. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Sailing at the 1908 London Summer Games: Mixed 8 metres". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
"London 1908". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.