Sailing at the 1928 Summer Olympics – 8 Metre
at the Games of the IX Olympiad
Line drawing of the 8 Metre
First race: August 2, 1928|
Last race: August 9, 1928
43 Male and|
2 Female from 8 nations
|Sailing at the|
1928 Summer Olympics
|●||Event competitions||●||Event finals|
|Total gold medals||1|
The 1928 Olympic scoring system was used.
For the Int. 8-metres class 1 yacht from each country, manned by 6 amateurs maximum (maximum numberof substitutes 6).
During the Sailing regattas at the 1928 Summer Olympics among others the following persons were competing in the various classes:
- "Digital Library Collection (Official Olympic Reports 1896 - 2008)". Digital Library Collection at la84.org. la84foundation. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "Sailing at the 1928 Amsterdam Summer Games:Mixed 8 metres". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- (ed.) G. van Rossum (1928). The Ninth Olympiad Amsterdam 1928:Official Report (PDF). Amsterdam: The Netherlands Olympic Committee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 April 2008. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "Daggegevens van het weer in Nederland". KNMI. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- "Olympic Medal Winners". International Olympic Committee. Retrieved 9 March 2015.
If it is not clear from other sources, it is assumed that the first person mentioned in the crewlist of the official report is the helmsmen.
"Olympisch zeilen". Nieuwe Rotterdamsche Courant. 6 August 1928.
The France yacht was not ready in time to be towed to the starting area.