Sailing at the 1948 Summer Olympics – 6 Metre
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Sailing at the 1948 Summer Olympics – 6 metre class)
at the Games of the XIV Olympiad
|Competitors||64 from 11 nations|
|Sailing at the
1948 Summer Olympics
Courses at Torbay
A total of three race area's was positioned by the Royal Navy in Torbay. Each of the classes was using the same kind of course and the same scoring system.
- Per yacht a maximum of four crew members was selected from these sailors, but it is unknown in which race each of them competed.
- Four of the boats including gold medal winning Llanoria and silver medal winning Djinn will also compete in the 1952 competition.
- The 1948 Olympic scoring system was used.
- Total after applying discard.
- These sailors did not compete.
- Ralia is the former Swedish boat Ali Baba.
- Organising Committee for the XIV Olympiad London 1948 (1951). The Official Report of the Organising Committee for the XIV Olympiad London 1948 (pdf).
- Hugh Drake & Paul Henderson (2009). Canada's Olympic Sailing Legacy, Paris 1924 - Beijing 2008. Toronto: CYA.
- "London 1948". Olympic.org. International Olympic Committee.