||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Neil Capel (Chairman & Founder)
Ian White (CTO & Founder)
|Headquarters||New York City|
Sailthru is a cross-platform marketing company with an international client base. Based in New York City, the company’s Smart Data solution makes automated decisions based on user activity across clients’ websites, email, and mobile applications. The company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and London.
Neil Capel is the founder and original CEO of the Sailthru. Capel graduated from the University of Portsmouth in the U.K. with a BSc in computer science. A British citizen, Capel worked as a coder before beginning work at Morgan Stanley in 2000. The company transferred him to New York, where he left Morgan Stanley to become Chief Executive Officer at Redscope LLC. From 2003 until 2009, Capel worked as Chief Technical Officer for several companies, including Money-Media and Music Nation. Capel is Chief Executive Officer at Sailthru and also advisor to Refinery29 and Replyforall.
Ian White is the co-founder and CTO of Sailthru. White graduated from Brown University with a dual major in computer science and theatre. He also holds an MFA in theatre from Brown. From 2005, he served as developer at Money-Media and Music Nation. In 2008, he became lead developer for Business Insider, eventually becoming its technical adviser in 2010. His hobbies include, maintaining an acting career in off-Broadway plays and taking part in the Brooklyn Generator, a monthly playwriting and production event.
Working with co-founder Ian White, Capel funded the company through its first year out of his own pocket. In 2010, he sought and obtained $1 million in seed funding. A year later, Series A investors provided the company with $8 million in additional funding. The Series B funding round in 2013 raised $19 million, with Bill Gurley, Benchmark joining core investors AOL Ventures, RRE Ventures and DFJ Gotham Ventures. The Series C funding round in late 2013 raised $20M with Rob Theis, Scale Venture Partners and existing investors participating. The company will expand its production development, account management and marketing staff as well as infrastructure to expand into Fortune 500 companies.
Sailthru is a Smart Data platform that lets businesses make real-time automated decisions for optimizing their customers’ experiences across email communication, websites, and mobile apps. The platform tracks user preferences and behavior on clients’ websites, email, and apps, and generates large datasets and unique profiles to help clients customize communications and develop advertising targeted to each user.
Sailthru’s products include Concierge, a tool that provides targeted pop-out recommendations through their Horizon technology, Scout, a personalized webpage that recommends personalized content, and AdFlight, an automated email ad campaign tool.
- Nissen, Max (Feb 11, 2013). "Sailthru raises $19 million for using big data respectfully". Business Insider. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Lerner, Dave (Sep 23, 2011). "Neil Capel, CEO at Sailthru – video interview". Venture Studio. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- "Profile: Sailthru". Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Shontell, Alyson (Sep 20, 2011). "Smart email provider Sailthru raises $8 million round led by RRE Ventures". Business Insider. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- Frommer, Dan (July 26, 2010). "Behavioral email startup Sailthru raises $1 million led by DFJ Gotham". Business Insider. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- "Company". Retrieved April 24, 2014.
- "Linked In, Neil Capel". Linked In. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- "Linked In, Ian White". Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- del Castillo, Michael (Dec 18, 2012). "Thespian CTO creates dramatic vision". Upstart Business Journal. Retrieved April 10, 2013.
- "Sailthru raises $19 million in Series B funding". Finsmes. Feb 11, 2013. Retrieved April 10, 2013.