Sainagar Shirdi railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Line(s)||Daund - Manmad Branch Line|
|Platforms||3, PF 3 line is in progress.|
|Tracks||3, 1 under constrcution|
|Structure type||Standard, on ground|
Sainagar Shirdi railway station is a railway station in the city of Shirdi, Maharashtra state, India. Sainagar Shirdi is a railway terminus and belongs to Central Railways of Indian Railways.It is located from about 3 km from the Holy Temple of Shri Sai Baba Samadhi. Temple authority I.e Shri Sai Baba Sansthan Trust runs free buses from station to Temple free of cost.
The 17.5 km (11 mi) long Puntamba-Shirdi link, connecting the holy city of Shirdi to the Manmad-Daund branch line was completed in 2009. Work had started in 2003. The new railway station, Sainagar Shirdi is well connected with many direct trains to different places. The Manmad-Puntamba-Sainagar Shirdi is a broad gauge line which was electrified in 2011-12. Before this rail link pilgrims used to reach the town by road after alighting at Kopargaon, Nagarsol, Manmad and Nashik Road railway stations.
The station has two waiting halls one for Upper Class and one for General Class ticket holders. The waiting halls are very small and difficult to handle large number of passengers.
Station doesn't have cloak rooms and any kind of book stalls. Passengers should also note that the railway track ends at Shirdi Railway Station and no train leaves further which makes difficult to catch other trains if one misses the train.
IRCTC food canteen is present in the 1st platform of the Railway station. This provides both in house sitting and parcel services. Snacks are sold by other vendors.
- 22147 Dadar Central - Sainagar Shirdi Weekly Superfast Express
- 17207 Sainagar Shirdi – Vijayawada Express (Wednesday) Via Secunderabad
- 17001 Sainagar Shirdi – Secunderabad Express via Bidar (Monday and Saturday)
- 17205 Sainagar Shirdi – Kakinada Port Express via Secunderabad (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
- 51034 Mumbai CST - Sainagar Shirdi Fast Passenger via Daund
- 22602 Sainagar Shirdi-Chennai Central SuperFast Express (Friday)Via Yelahanka, Krishnarajapuram (Bangalore), Daund,
- 22893 Sainagar Shirdi - Howrah SuperFast Express Via Nagpur (Saturday)
- 18504 Sainagar Shirdi – Visakhapatnam Express via Kazipet(Friday)
- 12131 Dadar Central - Sainagar Shirdi Superfast Express via Nasik (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
- 16218 Mysore – Sainagar Shirdi Express via Bangalore, Daund (Tuesday)
- 22455 Sainagar Shirdi – Kalka Express via Bhopal - Agra - New Delhi (Tuesday & Saturday)
- 18408 Puri – Sainagar Shirdi Express via Manmad-Bhusawal-Nagpur-Raipur-Bhubneswar(Sunday)
- 17418 Tirupati–Sainagar Shirdi Express via Manmad secunderbad
- 11001 Sainagar Shirdi - Pandharpur Express
- 77657 Jalna - Sainagar Shirdi DEMU
- "Finally, a rail link to Shirdi, from Manmad via Puntamba". The Indian Express, 9 February 2009. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
- "Electrification" (PDF). Indian Railways. Retrieved 2013-03-24.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Maharashtra is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|