Saint-Jean-Baptiste is a municipality in the Montérégie region of the Canadian province of Quebec. The population as of the Canada 2011 Census was 3,191. It is located within La Vallée-du-Richelieu Regional County Municipality in a valley between Mont Saint-Hilaire and Mont Rougemont.
On November 4, 1998 it moved from Rouville Regional County Municipality to La Vallée-du-Richelieu Regional County Municipality.
||This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
The South Shore Protestant Regional School Board previously served the municipality.
Mother tongue language (2006)
- ^ Reference number 377887 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- ^ a b Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire: Saint-Jean Baptiste
- ^ Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: CHAMBLY--BORDUAS (Quebec)
- ^ a b 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Quebec
- ^ Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- ^ King, M.J. (Chairperson of the board). "South Shore Protestant Regional School Board" (St. Johns, PQ). The News and Eastern Townships Advocate. Volume 119, No. 5. Thursday December 16, 1965. p. 2. Retrieved from Google News on November 23, 2014.
- ^ 2006 Statistics Canada Community Profile: Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Quebec