A general view of Saint-Martin-Lys
|Canton||La Haute-Vallée de l'Aude|
|Intercommunality||Canton of Axat|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Francine Aicart|
|9.99 km2 (3.86 sq mi)|
|• Density||2.8/km2 (7.3/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||340–1,041 m (1,115–3,415 ft) |
(avg. 362 m or 1,188 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The change in the number of inhabitants is known through the censuses of the population carried out in the commune since 1793. As of 2006, the legal populations of the communes are published annually by the INSEE. The census is now based on an annual collection of information, successively covering all municipal territories over a period of five years. For municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants, a census survey of the entire population is conducted every five years, the official population of middle years themselves being estimated by interpolation or extrapolation. For the municipality, the first comprehensive census within the framework of the new system was carried out in 2006.
The abbey of Saint-Martin-Lys appears in the texts in 898 when the monk Leuva gave the monastery a vineyard located in Cailla . She then receives many donations throughout the Viscount Fenouillèdes . Pope Agapet II confirmed his possessions in 946. The monks then cultivate vineyards, olive trees and cereals. The monastery has a tine or cellars where are brought to Brugens crops in the region, today in the municipality of Caudies Fenouilledes.
Municipality located in the upper valley of the Aude, legally part of the Fenouillèdes, the small village of Saint-Martin-Lys is between two gorges (near the parade of Pierre-Lys ). Overlooked by two mountains, the village borders the Aude.  
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- The organization of the census
- Departmental Calendar of Censuses
- "Inventory Rocque, Archbishop of Narbonne"
- Francis Poudou, Community of Municipalities of the Canton of Axat , Narbonne, Vilatge al País - Ciném'Aude 2000–2001, 344 p. (ISBN 2-9508178-6-6) , p. 323
- Jordi Bolos, Victor Hurtado, Atles dels Rosselló, Conflent, Vallespir i Fenollet (759-991) , Barcelona, Rafael Dalmau, 2009 151 p. (ISBN 978-84-232-0734-3), pp. 28, 52, 82
- Andrew Bonnery, "The historical Razes, Continuity and Ruptures" ANNALS LED CENTER ESTUDIS COMARCALS LED RIPOLLÈS , 1999, pp. 87–103
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saint-Martin-Lys.|
|This Aude geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|