St. Amant, Louisiana
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2.1 m)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Location of Louisiana in the United States
St. Amant (or Saint Amant) is an unincorporated community located in Ascension Parish, in the U.S. state of Louisiana. This community has not been incorporated into a city or town. It is situated about 25 miles south-east of Baton Rouge. and 50 miles north west of New Orleans. It is named after the St. Amant family, some of the early settlers in the region. The Saint Amant post office has the ZIP code of 70774.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2014)|
St. Amant is located near the largest city in Ascension Parish, Gonzales, which is only 3 or 4 miles to the north-west.
The following schools are located within the community:
- St. Amant High School
- St. Amant Middle School
- St. Amant Primary School
- Lake Elementary School
- St. Amant Baptist Christian School
- Reid Brignac, baseball shortstop
- Danielle Dronet, Owner and GM of the Newark Bears (professional minor league baseball team) and Aggressive Promotions (Marketing and Production Consultant Firm)
- Michael (Mike) A. Schexnayder, Bassist of Framing the Red
- John "Hot Rod" Williams, NBA basketball player.
|This Louisiana state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|