Saint George, Georgia
Saint George, an unincorporated community located in the "Georgia Bend" of the St. Mary's River, is the southernmost town in Georgia. It is in Charlton County, south of Folkston. In 2010, the population of the St. George census county division (CCD) was 2,841. Most of this population is in the town of St. George, but the figure also includes rural areas not recognized by the Census Bureau, including communities like Moniac.
Students from St. George and the surrounding rural areas attend St. George Elementary School of the Charlton County School District. It serves students in grades kindergarten through sixth. After sixth grade, students are taught at Bethune Middle School and Charlton County High School, both in Folkston.
St. George has two grocery stores, Canadays and Rooks.
- "Saint George, Georgia". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "St George Elementary School in Saint George, GA - 13215 Florida Ave, Saint George, GA - Superpages.com". Superpages.
- ASD, Website Services & Coordination Staff,. "2010 Demographic Profile - U.S. Census Bureau". www.census.gov.
- "St. George, Georgia (GA 31646) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, news, sex offenders". www.city-data.com.
- "Charlton County Schools". charlton.k12.ga.us.
- "St George, GA 31562".