Saint Helena national cricket team
Flag of Saint Helena
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Associate member (2017)|
|First international||April 25, 2012 v Cameroon (won by 9 wickets)|
|As of 31 July 2007|
The Saint Helena cricket team has been an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) since 2001, representing the small and remote British island of Saint Helena in international cricket. The team is a member of the African Cricket Association. Since 2017, they became an associate member.
In April 2012, Saint Helena competed in its first international tournament, the ICC Africa Division 3 T20 Tournament. It was held in South Africa where Saint Helena beat Mali, Gambia, Cameroon and Morocco. They finished in fifth place out of eight teams.
In April 2018, they were drawn in the Southern sub-region group in the 2018 ICC World Twenty20 African Sub Regional Qualifier tournament. Later the same month, the ICC decided to grant full Twenty20 International (T20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Saint Helena and other ICC members after 1 January 2019 will be a full T20I.
In October 2018, they took part in the Southern sub region group of the 2018–19 ICC World Twenty20 Africa Qualifier tournament, winning their first three matches. They finished the tournament in third place but failed to reach the Regional Finals.
- "Ireland and Afghanistan ICC newest full members amid wide-ranging governance reform". International Cricket Council. 22 June 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "The road to the men's ICC World T20 Australia 2020 heads to Kuwait as regional qualification groups are confirmed". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- "All T20 matches between ICC members to get international status". International Cricket Council. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "St Helena do the double as action hots up in Botswana". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Botswana and Namibia seal passage into Africa Finals". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
|This article about a cricket team is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Saint Helena or the British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|