Saint Joseph's Seminary (Plainsboro, New Jersey)
|St. Joseph's Preparatory Seminary|
75 Mapleton Road, Princeton, New Jersey
|Type||Catholic Theological Seminary|
|Campus size||87 acres (35 ha)|
Saint Joseph's Seminary was an American Roman Catholic educational institution located in Plainsboro, New Jersey, though with an address in Princeton, New Jersey. It was founded in 1914 and was operated by the Congregation of the Mission, better known as the Vincentian Fathers, for the formation of their members and other candidates to the Catholic priesthood. The school closed in 1992 and a retreat center occupied the site until 2009. The site is now home to private schools, but the Chapel of the Miraculous Medal is now home to the Princeton Abbey and Cemetery. The Abbey is now a public cemetery and event space for the Princeton area.
The complex is currently referred to as the Marillac Campus, after Saint Louise de Marillac, and the Vincentians rent space to a number of private schools, including the French American School of Princeton, and the Laurel School. The campus was previously home to the Wilberforce School, a Classical Christian school, though it moved to larger accommodations in 2014. The campus was also formerly home to the American Boychoir School which has since moved to the Rambling Pines Day Camp in Hopewell.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to St. Joseph's Seminary (Princeton, New Jersey).|
- Hyatt, Diction (June 22, 2016). "Six Feet Under, a Business is Taking Root". Route 1 Newspaper.
- "Zoning Map" (Archive). Plainsboro Township, New Jersey. Retrieved on February 5, 2016. - Located in zoning area "ECA"
- Hagen, Tony J. (May 21, 2009). "Cost-cutting puts St. Joe's in limbo". The Trenton Times.
- "Our School". French American School of Princeton.
- "Directions to Our School". The Laurel School of Princeton.
- Cusido, Carmen (February 23, 2011). "Three Mercer schools join forces to form Princeton Center for the Arts & Education in Plainsboro". The Trenton Times.
- Mulvaney, Nicole (February 11, 2014). "Wilberforce School finds new home at Windsor Athletic Center". The Trenton Times.
- Princeton Abbey and Cemetery, which operates a non-sectarian cemetery on the grounds
- French American School of Princeton
- Laurel School of Princeton
- Eastern Province USA Vincentians
|This New Jersey school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|