|Directed by||Sean Hanish|
|Screenplay by||Dmitry Portnoy|
|Edited by||Anita Brandt-Burgoyne|
|Distributed by||Blue Fox Entertainment|
Saint Judy is an American biographical drama film directed by Sean Hanish about Judy Wood, an immigration attorney who changed the law on granting asylum in the United States to save the lives of women. It stars Michelle Monaghan and Alfred Molina. Molina serves as an executive producer of the film. It premiered at the 2018 LA Film Festival. It is scheduled to be released on March 1, 2019 by Blue Fox Entertainment.
Saint Judy tells the story of Los Angeles immigration attorney Judy Wood, who single-handedly changed United States asylum law to include women as a protected class. Wood's victory has saved the lives of tens of thousands of female immigrants around the world. The cast includes Leem Lubany, Michelle Monaghan, Alfred Molina, Common, and Ben Schnetzer. It tells her story starting from her move with her son from New Mexico to Los Angeles so her son can be closer to his dad, her work in an immigration law office, then in her own law office and in particular the case of a Asefa Ashwari, a teacher from Afghanistan facing deportation to her win in the 9th circuit. It depicts her dedication to her clients over her family.
- Michelle Monaghan as Judy Wood
- Leem Lubany as Asefa
- Common as Benjamin Adebayo
- Fahim Fazli as Taliban Leader
- Peter Krause as Matthew
- Ben Schnetzer as Parker
- Waleed Zuaiter as Omar
- Mykelti Williamson as Dikembe
- Gabriel Bateman as Alex
- Aimee Garcia as Celi
- Kevin Chapman as King
- Gil Birmingham as Michael Bowman
- Alfred Molina as Ray Hernandez
- Alfre Woodard as Judge Benton
Festivals and awards
Saint Judy is nominated for an LA Muse award at the Los Angeles Film Festival 2018, Best International Film at London Raindance Film Festival 2018, and a Mind the Gap award at Mill Valley Film Festival 2018. Michelle Monaghan is nominated for Best Performance at London Raindance Film Festival 2018.
- Busch, Anita (April 20, 2017). "Michelle Monaghan In Negotiations and Alfred Molina Is Set For Indie Drama 'Saint Judy' About Landmark Case". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Busch, Anita (May 17, 2017). "Common, Mykelti Williamson, Others Round Out Cast Of Indie Feature 'Saint Judy'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Hammond, Pete (July 31, 2018). "Cannes Winner 'Border' In Contention Among Diverse LA Film Festival Competition Lineup". Deadline. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- Ford, Rebecca (May 17, 2017). "Cannes: Common Joins Michelle Monaghan in 'Saint Judy'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- Alfre Woodard Joins Alfred Molina & Michelle Monaghan In 'Saint Judy'
- Busch, Anita (May 16, 2017). "Peter Krause Joins Cast Of Indie Feature Drama 'Saint Judy'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (May 17, 2017). "Common, Mykelti Williamson Join Michelle Monaghan's Drama 'Saint Judy'". Variety. Retrieved January 12, 2018.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|