Saint Kitts and Nevis at the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games
|Saint Kitts and Nevis at the
2011 Commonwealth Youth Games
|CGA||Saint Kitts and Nevis Olympic Committee|
|in Isle of Man|
|Competitors||3 in 1 sport|
Saint Kitts and Nevis competed in the 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games held in the British Crown Dependency of Isle of Man from 7 to 13 September 2011. Their participation marked their second Commonwealth Youth Games appearance. Saint Kitts and Nevis sent a delegation consisting of three athletes (two men and one woman) who participated in three athletic events. This was a decrease in the number of participating athletes from the nation's last appearance at the Games when six athletes were sent to Pune. Adrian Williams earned a bronze medal in the javelin throw, with a best throw of 63.02 m. Williams was the only medalist for Saint Kitts and Nevis, and helped his nation to manage a place in the medal table. Saint Kitts and Nevis ranked last (at 22nd spot) with nine other Commonwealth Games Associations. This was also the first medal for Saint Kitts and Nevis in the history of the Games.
All the athletes sent by Saint Kitts and Nevis participated in track and field events. Both the male athletes, Adrian Williams and J’Anthon Silliday, competed in the javelin throw; while the sole female athlete, Noah Herbert, represented Saint Kitts and Nevis in the sprint races (100 and 200 m).
Adrian Williams succeeded in winning a bronze medal at the javelin event, with a best throw of 63.02 m. J’Anthon Silliday managed only a best throw of 52.53 m, ranking him eighth in the final standings.
|Adrian Williams||Javelin throw||63.02 m|
|J’Anthon Silliday||Javelin throw||52.53 m||8|
Noah Herbert took a time of 12.84 to complete her preliminary heat in the 100 m sprint; ranking her fourth, and so Herbert did not qualify for the semifinals. Herbert also participated in the 200 m, and ensured a place in the semifinals after finishing fourth with a time of 26.02. But an injury forced her out of the competition.
|Noah Herbert||100 m||12.84||4||Did Not Advance|
|200 m||26.02||4||DNS||Did Not Advance|
- "Commonwealth Youth Games – Edinburgh 2000" (PDF). thecgf.com. Commonwealth Games Federation. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "About the Games – Countries". bendigo2004.thecgf.com. 2011 Commonwealth Youth Games Organising Committee. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Saint Kitts and Nevis – Athletes List". cygpune2008.com. 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games Organising Committee. Retrieved 11 October 2011.
- "Medal Table". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "2008 Commonwealth Youth Games – Overall Medal Standings". results.cygpune2008.com. 2008 Commonwealth Youth Games Organising Committee. Retrieved 12 October 2011.
- "Minister Phillip congratulates Kim Collins and Adrian Williams". The Labour Spokesman. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Athletics – Javelin Throw". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Competitor Details – Noha Lashaundra Herbert". cyg2011results.com. CYG 2011 Organising Committee. Retrieved 5 October 2011.