Saint Louis University College for Public Health and Social Justice
Saint Louis University College of Public Health and Social Justice, May 2018
|Motto||We are dedicated to helping communities achieve health and wellbeing|
|Saint Louis University|
|Roman Catholic - Jesuit|
Saint Louis University College for Public Health and Social Justice was founded in 2013 by the combining of the School of Social Work, founded in 1930, the School of Public Health, established 1991, and the program in Criminology and Criminal Justice. The College has as its purpose to improve the health and wellbeing of the most vulnerable.
St. Louis University's College for Public Health and Social Justice offers 6 undergraduate degrees, 3 accelerated degrees, 7 masters, 13 dual-degree masters, 1 executive master's, 2 PhDs, and 3 certificates.
The College is one of 39 schools of public health accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) – the field’s highest accreditation. It is the only accredited school of public health in Missouri and the only school of public health at a Jesuit/Catholic university in the United States.
There are four departments and one school of social work:
- Behavioral Science and Health Education
- Health Management and Policy
- Social Work
Deans of the School
Since the school's founding:
The College for Public Health and Social Justice is located at the SLU medical school, across from the university hospital on South Grand, about a mile south of the main campus. It is connected to the university by a shuttle bus. The School of Social Work remains on the university's main campus, on Lindell east of Grand.
- "Saint Louis University 2015 Profile". Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "Saint Louis University 2015 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 9 March 2015.
- "SLU College for Public Health and Social Justice". College for Public Health and Social Justice. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "History of the College and its Programs". Saint Louis University's College for Public Health and Social Justice. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Degree Programs and Certificates". Retrieved 27 September 2017.
- "About the College". Retrieved 26 September 2017.
- "Academics". College for Public Health and Social Justice. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- "SLU in Madrid". Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Best Grad Schools, Health Care Management". U.S. News and World Report. Archived from the original on 18 March 2015. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Departments of Public Health". Retrieved 2 August 2017.
- "SLU's First Endowed Chair in Public Health Honors James Kimmey". slu.edu. Saint Louis University. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "A Message from the Dean". slu.edu. St Louis University. Retrieved 15 February 2016.