Saint Lucia Athletics Association
|Secretary||Rochelle Jn Baptiste|
|Replaced||Saint Lucia Amateur Athletics Association|
The St. Lucia Athletics Association (SLAA) is the national governing body for athletics in Saint Lucia, inclusive of track and field, cross country running, road running and racewalking. The Athletics Association was formerly known as the St. Lucia Amateur Athletics Association. The organisation was founded in 1977 to promote Track and Field in Saint Lucia. In 1978 the SLAA became an affiliate member of the world governing body for athletics, then called the International Amateur Athletics Federation, and now known as the International Association of Athletics Federations.
Based at Olympic House on Barnard Hill in Castries, the SLAA is a non-profit organisation, led by a President, Andrew Magloire, elected at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the organisation in December 2016. The SLAA is involved in many aspects of the sport at the local, national, and international level - coaching education, sports science and athlete development, youth programmes and masters (age 40+) competition.
Mailing Address:GM 697 Gable Woods Mall, Castries, St. Lucia, West Indies
President: Mr. Andrew Magloire
Secretary: Rochelle Jn Baptiste
Physical Address: Olympic House, Barnard Hill, Castries, St. Lucia, West Indies
SLAA is the national member federation for Saint Lucia in the following international organisations:
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (NACAC)
- Association of Panamerican Athletics (APA)
- Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (CACAC)
Moreover, it is part of the following national organisations:
SLAA maintains the Saint Lucian records in athletics.
- St. Lucia Athletics Association, IAAF, retrieved January 4, 2013
- De Beauville, Anthony (November 30, 2010), New Track and Field President for SLAA, The Voice of Saint Lucia, retrieved January 4, 2013
- ASOCIACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DE FEDERACIONES DE ATLETISMO - CONSTITUCIÓN EN VIGOR A PARTIR DEL 1 DE NOVIEMBRE DE 2011 (PDF) (in Spanish), IAAF, p. 55, retrieved October 9, 2012