St Monica's Church, Palmers Green
Father Thomas Heditch was appointed rector of the new parish in 1910, but fell ill in the spring of 1912. He went on a pilgrimage to Lourdes, but did not return. Father Gallagher was appointed rector on 27 June 1912.
The church's official opening was on Monday 4 May 1914 by Cardinal Bourne in front of nearly 600 lay people and 40 clergy. The church, together with the presbytery, was built for £6,600 including the cost of the site.
The church started an amateur dramatic society, Saint Monica's Players (SMP), in 1958 that continues to perform musicals across Enfield today.
- 1910 - Father Thomas Heditch
- 1912 - Father Patrick Gallagher
- 1957 - Father Reginald Crook
- 1964 - Father Raymund Geraerts
- 1979 - Father Robin Whitney
- 1994 - Father Brian Creak
- 2004 - Father Roger Taylor
- 2013 - Canon Shaun Leonard
- www.stmonica.co.uk - St Monica's official website
- BBC: News Read on Father Roger in Action
- Westminster Diocese
- Saint Monica's Enfield amateur dramatic society
|This article about a Roman Catholic Church building in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|