Saint Sinner (comics)
Saint Sinner #1 (Oct. 1993). Cover art by Max Douglas.
|Publisher||Razorline (Marvel Comics)|
|Publication date||October 1993 - April 1994|
|No. of issues||7|
|Main character(s)||Philip Fetter|
|Created by||Clive Barker|
|Written by||Elaine Lee|
Saint Sinner is a horror/fantasy comic book series published by Marvel Comics' Razorline imprint that ran from 1993 to 1994. Created by filmmaker and horror/fantasy novelist Clive Barker as one of the imprint's four interconnected series, it starred Philip Fetter, a man possessed by both a demon and an angel.
Created by filmmaker and horror/fantasy novelist Clive Barker, was published for seven issues (cover-dated Oct. 1993 - April 1994). Written by Elaine Lee, it was drawn by Max Douglas for the first three issues. Richard Pace provided breakdowns on issue #4, finished by Douglas, and penciled issue #5, inked fifth-issue pencils, inked by Douglas). Larry Brown drew the final two issues.
Lee also wrote a Saint Sinner prose short story in the final release of the Razorline imprint, Ectokid Unleashed (Oct. 1994), a 48-page one-shot starring the title character of another Razorline comic.
Fictional character biography
Saint Sinner centered on Philip Fetter, a man possessed by both a demon and an angel. With the ability to evolve or regress anyone from superhuman to primal beast, Fetter travels the world changing lives.
- Saint Sinner at the Grand Comics Database
- Ectokid Unleashed #1 at The Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators. ("Features" link) Archived from the original on October 23, 2015.
- Barker, Clive, in Russo, Tom (July 1993). "Razorline". Marvel Age (126). Quote excerpted in "Interviews, Part Two". Clive Barker (official site). Archived from the original on June 28, 2010.
- Saint Sinner at the Unofficial Handbook of Marvel Comics Creators. Archived from the original on October 23, 2015.
- Saint Sinner at the Comic Book DB
- Saint Sinner at CliveBarker.com (unofficial site). Archived from the original on October 23, 2015.
- Saint Sinner at An International Catalogue of Superheroes. Archived from the original on October 23, 2015.