|Martyr of the Franks|
|Born||Autun, Saône-et-Loire, Burgundy, France|
Arras, Pas-de-Calais, Artois, Neustria
|Venerated in||Eastern Orthodox Church
Roman Catholic Church
Warinus of Poitiers (also Warin, Guerin, Gerinus, Varinus; d. 677 AD) was the Franco-Burgundian Count of Poitiers and Count of Paris and later Saint Warinus, Martyr of the Franks. He was the son of Saint Sigrada of Sainte-Marie de Soissons and the brother of Saint Leodegarius. He was the father of Saint Leudwinus.
Warinus was born in Autun, Saône-et-Loire, Burgundy. He was the son of Bodilon, a Count of Poitiers and Sigrada of Alsace, and Sainte-Marie de Soissons. He was the founder of the famous noble family of the Guideschi.
As a nobleman, Warinus spent his childhood at the court of Clotaire II.
- Doda of Poitiers (circa b. 659 A.D.- circa d. 678 A.D.)
- Leudwinus, Count of Poitier (b. 660 A.D. - d. 722 A.D.)
- Grimgert, Count of Paris (circa b.667 A.D.)
- Order of St Benedict
- Saint Sigrada
- Saint Leodegarius
- Saint Basinus
- Chlothar II
- Milo, Bishop of Treves and Reims
- Liber Historiae Francorum
- Watkins, Basil (ed) (2002). Book of Saints (Reference) (7th ed.). A&C Black. p. 655. ISBN 0713653000.
- Weiner, Dr. Andreas. "Holy Lutwinus Pray for Us! (Heiliger Lutwinus bitte für uns!)". www.lutwinuswerk.de. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- "Saints & Angels: St. Warinus". Catholic Online. catholic.org. Retrieved June 28, 2012.
- Margaret R Bunson, Matthew Bunson, Stephen Bunson (2003). Our Sunday Visitor's Encyclopedia Of Saints - Revised. Our Sunday Visitor Publishing. p. 1008. ISBN 1-931709-75-0.
- Online, Catholic. "St. Warinus - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online".
- "CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Saint Leodegar".