|Motto: Crois dans la joie|
Location within Portneuf RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||April 10, 1896|
|• Mayor||Pierre Tourigny|
|• Federal riding||Portneuf—Jacques-Cartier|
|• Prov. riding||Portneuf|
|• Total||149.50 km2 (57.72 sq mi)|
|• Land||143.85 km2 (55.54 sq mi)|
|Elevation||137 m (449 ft)|
|• Density||3.1/km2 (8/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||3.0%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Postal code(s)||G0A 1A0|
|Area code(s)||418 and 581|
Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne is a small village in the Portneuf Regional County in the province of Quebec, Canada. It is located on the south shore of the Sainte-Anne River on Route 354, between St-Casimir and St-Raymond.
In 1893, the local mission was founded, named after Sainte Christine (born Clara Deschènes) who held a senior position at the Daughters of Charity in Quebec at that time. In 1895, it became a parish by separating from Saint-Raymond, Saint-Basile, and Notre-Dame-de-Portneuf. A year later, it was incorporated as the Parish Municipality of Sainte-Christine and its post office opened.
The town was also frequently called Sainte-Christine-de-l'Auvergne, Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne, or Sainte-Christine-de-Portneuf in order to distinguish it from a namesake municipality in the Montérégie region. In 1991, the place officially changed its name to Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne.
- Population in 2011: 448 (2006 to 2011 population change: -3.0 %)
- Population in 2006: 462
- Population in 2001: 330
- Population in 1996: 337
- Population in 1991: 314
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 225 (total dwellings: 411)
- English as first language: 0%
- French as first language: 97.8%
- English and French as first language: 0%
- Other as first language: 2.2%
- "Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne (municipalité)" (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire - Répertoire des municipalités: Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne
- Statistics Canada 2011 Census - Sainte-Christine-d'Auvergne census profile
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census