|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1960|
|• Mayor||François Robillard|
|• Federal riding||Mirabel|
|• Prov. riding||Mirabel|
|• Total||12.80 km2 (4.94 sq mi)|
|• Land||8.73 km2 (3.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,067.4/km2 (5,355/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2016-2021||9.5%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac is an off-island suburb of Montreal, in the Canadian province of Quebec, in the Deux-Montagnes Regional County Municipality, 40 km from Montreal. It is crossed from east to west by Route 344, commonly known as Oka Road. The town shares its borders with Deux-Montagnes to the east, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac to the west, the Lake of Two Mountains to the south, and Saint-Eustache to the north.
It shares police, firefighters, waterworks, and other services with the city of Deux-Montagnes.
It was formerly known as a rural town in which most of its inhabitants were seasonal vacationers, but it is increasingly lived in year-round.
- Population in 2021: 19,797 (2016 to 2021 population change: 9.5%)
- Population in 2016: 18,074 (2011 to 2016 population change: 15.2%)
- Population in 2011: 15,689 (2006 to 2011 population change: 38.7%)
- Population in 2006: 11,311 (2001 to 2006 population change: 29.4%)
- Population in 2001: 8,742
- Population in 1996: 8,295
- Population in 1991: 7,410
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 7,503 (total dwellings: 7,642)
- English as first language: 4.7%
- French as first language: 87.1%
- English and French as first language: 1.1%
- Other as first language: 6.1%
The Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles (CSSMI) operates Francophone schools. This community has three elementary schools (Horizon-du-Lac, Des-Lucioles, and des Grands-Vents) and one lower secondary school (École secondaire Liberté-Jeunesse). École Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes has upper secondary education. Some areas are served by École des Mésanges and Emmanuel-Chénard, both also in Deux-Montagnes, and Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes (for all secondary levels).
Anglophone schools are operated by the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board, and the community is served by Lake of Two Mountains High School, in Deux-Montagnes. Mountainview Elementary School and Saint Jude Elementary School, both in Deux-Montagnes, also serve this community.
- "Reference number 56331 in Banque de noms de lieux du Québec". toponymie.gouv.qc.ca (in French). Commission de toponymie du Québec.
- "Geographic code 72015 in the official Répertoire des municipalités". www.mamh.gouv.qc.ca (in French). Ministère des Affaires municipales et de l'Habitation.
- "Data table, Census Profile, 2021 Census of Population - Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Ville (V) [Census subdivision], Quebec". 9 February 2022.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016, 2021 census
- "Admission et inscription Archived 2015-01-31 at the Wayback Machine." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles. Retrieved on December 7, 2014. "La Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles (CSSMI) offre ses services aux résidents des municipalités de : Blainville, Boisbriand, Bois-des-Filion, Deux-Montagnes, Lorraine, Mirabel (Saint-Augustin, Saint-Benoît, Sainte-Scholastique et secteur du Domaine-Vert), Oka, Pointe-Calumet, Rosemère, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Sainte-Thérèse, Saint-Eustache, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, Saint-Placide et Terrebonne Ouest."
- "Horizon-du-Lac." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "des-Lucioles." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "des-Grands-Vents." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "Répertoire des aires de desserte par ville 2017 - 2018 (Généré le 20/9/2017) Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "Overview." Lake of Two Mountains High School. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Mountainview Elementary Zone." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Saint Jude Elementary School Zone Map." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- Media related to Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac at Wikimedia Commons