Location within Deux-Montagnes RCM
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||January 1, 1960|
|• Mayor||Sonia Paulus|
|• Federal riding||Mirabel|
|• Prov. riding||Mirabel|
|• Total||12.80 km2 (4.94 sq mi)|
|• Land||9.31 km2 (3.59 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,066.7/km2 (5,353/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2011-2016||15.2%|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac is an off-island suburb of Montreal, in the Canadian province of Quebec, located in the Deux-Montagnes Regional County Municipality.It is located 40km from Montreal. It is crossed from east to west by road 344, commonly known as Oka road. The town shares its borders with Deux-Montagnes to the east, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac to the west, the lake of Two-Mountains to the south and Saint-Eustache to the north.
It shares police, firefighters, waterworks and other services with the city of Deux-Montagnes.
Formerly known as a rural town where most of its inhabitants were seasonal vacationers, since 1995, the population has grown from 8,300 people to 11,300 in 2006, and up to 15,689 in 2011.
- Population in 2016: 18,074 (2011 to 2016 population change: 15.2%)
- Population in 2011: 15,689 (2006 to 2011 population change: 38.7%)
- Population in 2006: 11,311 (2001 to 2006 population change: 29.4%)
- Population in 2001: 8,742
- Population in 1996: 8,295
- Population in 1991: 7,410
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 6039 (total dwellings: 6167)
- English as first language: 6.5%
- French as first language: 89.1%
- English and French as first language: 1.2%
- Other as first language: 3.2%
The Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles (CSSMI) operates Francophone schools. This community has three elementary schools (Horizon-du-Lac, Des-Lucioles, and des Grands-Vents) and one lower secondary school (École secondaire Liberté-Jeunesse). École Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes has all upper secondary education. Some areas are instead served by École des Mésanges and Emmanuel-Chénard, both also in Deux-Montagnes, as well as Polyvalente Deux-Montagnes (for all secondary levels).
Anglophone schools are operated by the Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Lake of Two Mountains High School in Deux-Montagnes serves this community. Mountainview Elementary School and Saint Jude Elementary School, both in Deux-Montagnes, also serve this community.
- Reference number 56331 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (in French)
- Geographic code 72015 in the official Répertoire des municipalités (in French)
- "(Code 2472015) Census Profile". 2011 census. Statistics Canada. 2012.
- "Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Ville [Census subdivision], Quebec and Deux-Montagnes, Municipalité régionale de comté [Census division], Quebec". Statistics Canada. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011, 2016 census
- "Admission et inscription Archived 2015-01-31 at the Wayback Machine." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles. Retrieved on December 7, 2014. "La Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles (CSSMI) offre ses services aux résidents des municipalités de : Blainville, Boisbriand, Bois-des-Filion, Deux-Montagnes, Lorraine, Mirabel (Saint-Augustin, Saint-Benoît, Sainte-Scholastique et secteur du Domaine-Vert), Oka, Pointe-Calumet, Rosemère, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Sainte-Thérèse, Saint-Eustache, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, Saint-Placide et Terrebonne Ouest."
- "Horizon-du-Lac." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "des-Lucioles." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "des-Grands-Vents." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Îles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "Répertoire des aires de desserte par ville 2017 - 2018 (Généré le 20/9/2017) Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac." Commission scolaire de la Seigneurie-des-Mille-Iles. Retrieved on September 20, 2017.
- "Overview." Lake of Two Mountains High School. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Mountainview Elementary Zone." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- "Saint Jude Elementary School Zone Map." Sir Wilfrid Laurier School Board. Retrieved on December 8, 2014.
- Media related to Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac at Wikimedia Commons