Sainte Anne Marine National Park
|Location||Seychelles, Indian Ocean|
|Archipelago||Inner Islands, Seychelles|
|Adjacent bodies of water||Indian Ocean|
|Area||3.887 km2 (1.501 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||150 m (490 ft)|
|Highest point||Mount Sainte Anne|
|Sub-Group||Sainte Anne Islands|
|Capital city||Sainte Anne|
|Pop. density||62 /km2 (161 /sq mi)|
|Ethnic groups||Creole, French, East Africans, Indians.|
The Marine Park was created in 1973 for the preservation of wildlife, the first of its kind in the Indian Ocean. Fishing and water-skiing are forbidden within the Marine Park area. in 2005 used as picnic islands for the local population is too expensive and approved opening them to hotels and resorts.
Today the islands are known as one of the prime tourist locations in the Indian Ocean for scuba-diving, glass-bottom boat excursions and snorkeling among the coral reefs. The colorful underwater world attracts tourists from around the world who are watching here the magnificent coral gardens, reef sharks and colorful tropical fish. The main island of Ste Anne is an 87-villa resort while Cerf Island and Round Island have Creole-style restaurants. It also has one of the largest areas of "seagrass meadows" in the Seychelles. It is very beautiful. Local tour operators offer day trips to the Marine Park.
The national park is made up of the following islands, with areas in km²:
- Ste. Anne Island, 2.19 km², with large luxury resort Sainte Anne Island Resort
- Cerf Island, 1.27 km², with a population of about 100, with three hotel-resorts (Cerf Island Marine Park Resort, Fairy Tern Chalets und L'Habitation), and restaurant Kapok Tree
- Île Cachée, 0.021 km², close southeast of Cerf Island, a nesting site for seabirds
- Round Island, 0.018 km², a former leper colony, with an exclusive five-star resort called "Round Island Resort" with 10 villas. [needs update]
- Long Island, 0.212 km², formerly a smallpox quarantine and state prison, currently being developed into a 5 star resort
- Moyenne Island, 0.089 km², currently with no steady population after the decease of the founders of the Moyenne Island National Park (Brendon Grimshaw and assistant), and restaurant Maison Moyenne
- Île Seche (Beacon Island), 0.04 km²,
- Harrison Rock (Grand Rocher) the eastern islet of the park.
The aggregate land area of the islands of the marine national park is 3.887 km². The total marine national park area is 14.43 km².
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sainte Anne.|