埼玉大学 (Saitama Daigaku)
|Location||Saitama, Saitama, Japan
Saitama University (埼玉大学 Saitama Daigaku abbreviated 埼大 Saidai) is a Japanese national university located in a suburban area of Sakura-ku, Saitama City capital of Saitama Prefecture in Tokyo Metropolitan Area.
The University has five faculties (schools) for undergraduate education -Liberal Arts, Education, Economics, Science, and Engineering- and four graduate schools -Cultural Science, Education, Economic Science, and Science and Engineering-, all offering programs leading to doctorates as well as master's degrees. The total enrollment in the university is more than 8,500 with more than 500 overseas students pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies .
It was chartered in 1949 by the merger of Urawa Higher School (浦和高等学校 Urawa Kōtō Gakkō), Saitama Normal School (埼玉師範学校 Saitama Shihan Gakkō), and Saitama Youth Normal School (埼玉青年師範学校 Saitama Seinen Shihan Gakkō).
Saitama university has two Satellite campuses:
- Omiya Sonic City College (accessed from Ōmiya Station)
- Tokyo Station College (accessed from Tōkyō Station)
International Graduate Program
To provide aspiring overseas students an opportunity to pursue higher education in Japan, International Graduate Program on Civil and Environmental Engineering was launched by the Graduate School of Science and Engineering in 1992. It offers opportunities to highly qualified students from overseas to pursue graduate studies and do research in various disciplines of environmental science and civil engineering. The fields of study include Infrastructure Management, Transportation Planning, Environmental Engineering, Ecological Engineering, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, Hydraulics and Water Resources Engineering, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Concrete and Material Engineering, Structural and Wind Engineering, Earthquake Engineering.
The graduate program includes courses specially designed for international students, in which class instruction and research supervision are given in English and/or Japanese. Master thesis and doctoral dissertation are accepted in English. Japanese language courses are also offered for foreign students and their spouses. So far, 215 students from different countries have graduated from this program and are now engaged in academic and professional activities in different parts of the world.
- Takaaki Kajita - 2015 Nobel Prize in Physics winner
- Lê Minh Hưng - Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam
Saitama University Real View
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-03. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- Saitama University - 2009
- They were higher education institutions. Not to confuse with the two post-1949 secondary schools which are irrelevant with: The Prefectural Urawa Senior High School (埼玉県立浦和高等学校 Saitama Kenritsu Urawa Kōtō Gakkō) and The Metropolitan Urawa Senior High School (さいたま市立浦和高等学校 Saitama Shiritsu Urawa Kōtō Gakkō).
-  埼玉大学 (Saitama Daigaku) Wikipedia: A Free Encyclopedia. (Japanese) 2008-07-06T02:44:17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Saitama University.|