18 February 1966 |
|Spouse(s)||Divya Bharti (m.1992–1993; her death)
Warda Khan (m. 2004–present)
Nadiadwala started his career as a production assistant in his uncle's production house before establishing his own production company called "Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment Pvt Ltd". In 1992 he produced his first film Zulm Ki Hukumat starring Dharmendra and Govinda. In 1993 he produced Waqt Hamara Hai which marked the first pairing of action stars Akshay Kumar and Sunil Shetty. The production company produced several hit films including Jeet (1996), Judwaa (1997), Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega (2000) and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004).
Despite being heavily hyped, his 2006 film Jaan-E-Mann failed to do well at the box office. His next release, the 2007 film Heyy Babyy, was one of the year's biggest hit. His 2009 production Kambakkht Ishq included the casting of American actors such as Sylvester Stallone, Denise Richards and Brandon Routh. His first film of 2010, Housefull starred Akshay Kumar, Ritesh Deshmukh, Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta and Boman Irani. On 30 September 2010, he announced a sequel to Housefull which would again star Akshay Kumar and be directed by Sajid Khan. His film Anjaana Anjaani starring Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra released on 1 October 2010. His film Housefull 2 was released on 5 April 2012. On 23 May 2014, his first movie starring two debuntants in lead roles Heropanti released. The movie stars Tiger Shroff & Kriti Sanon & has been a commercial success, with the second highest opening for a movie starring debutants ever.
Nadiadwala made his directorial debut with the July 2014 release Kick, a remake Ravi Teja's 2009 Telugu film Kick. The film stars Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez as the leads. The film which crossed the 200 crore mark at the box office becoming his biggest hit for a debutant director.
Nadiadwala married late actress Divya Bharti on 10 May 1992. Bharti died on 5 April, 1993 and Nadiadwala remained unmarried until he subsequently married former journalist Warda Khan in 2004. He has two sons with her, Subhan and Sufyan.
Nadiadwala has produced the following films.
- "All for love". The Times of India. 18 Feb 2006. Retrieved 27 Dec 2011.
- "Salman Khan's 'Kick' earns Rs 200 crore, becomes his highest grosser in India". IBN Live. 5 Aug 2014. Retrieved 12 Dec 2014.
- "Box Office 2006". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 27 Dec 2011.
- "Box Office 2007". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 27 Dec 2011.
- "Heropanti: A love story with an undercurrent of violence". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Special Features: Box Office: Heropanti vs Movies featuring Debutants - Box Office, Bollywood Hungama". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Singh, P. (27 May 2013). "Salman Khan to star opposite Jacqueline Fernandez in Kick". hindustan times. Retrieved 12 June 2013.