Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
|Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is an action-adventure game developed by Grounding Inc. and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS's eShop. The game was released in Japan on November 16, 2011 as Hirari Sakura Samurai (ひらり 桜侍?), in North America on February 2, 2012, and in PAL regions on October 11, 2012 under the title Hana Samurai: Art of the Sword.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)|
A young, nameless samurai hero, trained by an old kappa and dubbed as the Sakura Samurai (or Hana Samurai), travels the game's world to rescue a kidnapped princess called Cherry Blossom, a daughter of the cherry blossom god in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Nintendo Life gave the game an 8.0/10 saying that Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword may not be the prettiest game on the eShop but it sure is one of the most challenging, striking a good balance between difficulty and precision.
Woolie of the Two Best Friends Play web series rated it at number six on his Woolie's Super On-Time Top Ten [video games] of 2012!, specifically referencing its use of dodge and attack mechanics, comparing them to that of the Punch-Out!! series.
- "Grounding Inc.'s product page". Grounding Inc. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Taylor, Jack Dawson (2012-10-04). "New downloadable titles announced for release on Nintendo eShop". The Nintendo Channel. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (3DSWare)". NintendoLife. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Audrey Drake (February 2, 2012). "The best thing to hit the eShop since Pushmo.". IGN. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Jon Wahlgren (January 30, 2012). "Patience, young grasshopper". NintendoLife. Retrieved 20 February 2012.
- Madden, Woolie. "Woolie's Super On-Time Top Ten of 2012!".
|This action-adventure game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|