Saky City Municipality
Location of the municipality (dark blue) in Crimea
|Location in Russia||Republic of Crimea|
|Location in Ukraine||Autonomous Republic of Crimea|
|• City Mayor||Oleh Kliuy (PR)|
|• Total||29 km2 (11 sq mi)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (MSK)|
|Dialing code||+380 6563|
The Saky City Municipality (Ukrainian: Сакська міськрада, translit. Saks'ka mis'krada) is one of the 25 regions of the Crimean Peninsula, currently subject to a territorial dispute between the Russian Federation and Ukraine. The region is located on the western coast of Crimea on the Black Sea's shore. Its administrative centre is the city of Saky. Population: 25,146 (2014 Census).
Unlike in the other regions and municipalities of Crimea which contain a number of other settlements under its jurisdiction, the Saky municipality only consists of its administrative center Saky.
The Saky City Municipality is also known by its two other native official names; in Russian as Sakskiy gorsovet (Сакский горсовет), and in Crimean Tatar as Saq şeer şurası. Colloquially, the municipality is known as "the territory governed by the Saky City Council (Ukrainian: Сакська міська рада).
Within the framework of administrative divisions of Russia, Saky is, together with a number of rural localities, incorporated separately as the town of republican significance of Saki—an administrative unit with the status equal to that of the districts. As a municipal division, the town of republican significance of Saki is incorporated as Saki Urban Okrug.
The Saky City Council's members are elected every four years, with 21 councillors elected in single-mandate districts, and 21 councillors in a multiple mandate district.
The region's nationality composition results in the 2001 census were as follows:
All of the other nationalities took up the remaining 4.8 percent.
- "Saky City Council". Regions of Ukraine and their Structure (in Ukrainian). Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. Retrieved 7 July 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Russian Federal State Statistics Service (2014). "Таблица 1.3. Численность населения Крымского федерального округа, городских округов, муниципальных районов, городских и сельских поселений" [Table 1.3. Population of Crimean Federal District, Its Urban Okrugs, Municipal Districts, Urban and Rural Settlements]. Федеральное статистическое наблюдение «Перепись населения в Крымском федеральном округе». ("Population Census in Crimean Federal District" Federal Statistical Examination) (in Russian). Federal State Statistics Service. Retrieved January 4, 2016.
- Law of the Republic of Crimea #35-ZRK
- Law of the Republic of Crimea #15-ZRK
- Чисельність наявного населення України (in Ukrainian). State Service of Statistics. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Saky City Municipality". Official site of the Saky City Municipality (in Russian). Archived from the original on 8 July 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Linguistic composition of the population". Main Department of Statistics of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2 July 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2013. Cite uses deprecated parameter