|Full name||Salamanca CF UDS|
|Ground||Estadio Helmántico |
|League||2ª B – Group 1|
|2017–18||3ª – Group 8, 4th|
Salamanca Club de Fútbol UDS, previously known as CF Salmantino, is a Spanish football team based in Salamanca, in the autonomous community of Castile and León. Founded in 2013 after the dissolution of UD Salamanca, it currently plays in Segunda División B – Group 1, holding home games at the Estadio Helmántico.
After the dissolution of UD Salamanca in 2013, some managers of the entity decided to refound the farm team to preserve the legacy of the historical club. With that aim, they created CD CF Salmantino. At first, it started playing in the same division as the old reserve team of Salamanca. Nevertheless, the Royal Spanish Football Federation decided in 2015 to relegate all the teams of the club to the lowest tier, as they considered the new CF Salmantino to be a newly-founded club, completely independent of UDS.
In the 2015–16 season, the first after the administrative relegation, the club was promoted to fifth tier, and repeated success for coming back to Tercera División two years after the judicial statement.
On 24 June 2018, just in their first season after the comeback, Salmantino promoted to Segunda División B by eliminating Compostela in the last round of the promotion play-offs. On 24 July, the club requested the Royal Spanish Football Federation to change the name to Salamanca CF UDS, recovering the name of former side UD Salamanca, and to use their logo. However, this change was initially not admitted, arguing that the request was presented out of date, but was finally approved on 14 September 2018.
- UD Salamanca (1923-2013)
- Salamanca Athletic Club - (2013–2016) did not play in any official competition
- Club naming
- CD CF Salmantino (2013–2017)
- CF Salmantino UDS (2017–2018)
- Salamanca CF UDS (2018–)
Season to season
|Season||Tier||Division||Place||Copa del Rey|
Salamanca CF plays in the Estadio Helmántico, with capacity for 17,341 spectators. After the dissolution of the Union Deportiva Salamanca, in the process of liquidation of the bankruptcy, the stadium went to auction, and finally was acquired by Desarrollos Empresariales Deportivos S.L., directed by the Mexican entrepreneur Miguel Alejandro Miranda which shares with Salmantino the sports project and allows them the use of the stadium.
During the summer of 2016, the club launched a campaign of subscribers directed especially to former members of the UD Salamanca, which promises to reserve the seat that they occupied during the matches of UD Salamanca once the Helmático is fully reopened (probably for the 2017–18 season). At the end of 2016 the club counted with 4,000 subscribers.
- As of 15 October 2018
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
While Salamanca CF claims to be the continuation of the former UDS, Unionistas was born as a homage of the former club, dissolved in 2013.
- "La RFEF desciende al Salmantino a Provincial" [The RFEF demotes Salmantino to Provincial] (in Spanish). La Gaceta de Salamanca. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "El Salmantino asciende a Regional" [Salmantino promoted to Regional]. www.noticiascyl.com (in Spanish). 17 April 2016. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "El Salmantino UDS recupera el nombre de la ciudad para el salto al fútbol profesional" [Salmantino UDS recover the name of the city to give the jump to professional football] (in Spanish). CF Salmantino. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- "La Federación no admite el cambio de nombre del Salmantino a Salamanca CF UDS" [The Federation does not admit the name change of Salmantino to Salamanca CF UDS] (in Spanish). Marca. 1 August 2018. Retrieved 3 August 2018.
- "La RFEF autoriza al CF Salmantino UDS el cambio de denominación al de Salamanca CF UDS y al uso de los símbolos solicitados" [The RFEF authorizes CF Salmantino UDS to change the name to Salamanca CF UDS and to use the requested symbols]. Salamanca CF. 14 September 2018. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "El Salmantino liderará el proyecto de los nuevos dueños del Helmántico" [The Salmantino will lead the project of the new owners of the Helmántico]. La Crónica de Salamanca. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- Salamanca, Deportes Cope. "(Min 7) Cara a Cara con Carlos Martín". Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Unionistas - Salamanca UDS: el derbi que separa una calle" [Unionistas-Salamanca: the derby separated by a street] (in Spanish). Marca. 22 November 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.