|Studio album by Yeng Constantino|
|Released||January 19, 2007|
|Genre||Pinoy rock, acoustic|
|Producer||Dream Big Productions|
|Yeng Constantino chronology|
|Singles from Salamat|
Salamat is the debut album of the Filipina singer-songwriter Yeng Constantino. It was released on January 6, 2007 through Dream Big Productions and Star Records. It reached its Gold status in February of the same year and reached 3x Platinum. It remains Constantino's best-selling album to date, with sales of (over 90,000 copies sold) in the Philippines, as of June 2013. This album have five number ones, the only female artist in the Philippines with the most number one hits in 2007. And the album produce six top ten hits.
The album has 10 tracks. 7 were originally composed by Yeng, 2 were written by her co-scholars in Pinoy Dream Academy and one is a rendition of Freddie Aguilar's OPM classic, "Bulag, Pipi at Bingi". It was followed by her second album titled "Journey".
Four songs from this album was used as the title for Your Song episodes it was Cool Off, Pangarap Lang, Salamat, If We Fall In Love featuring Rj Jeminez.
- "Salamat" (Constantino) - 4:50
- "Away Bati" (Constantino) - 3:41
- "Cool Off" (Davey Langit) - 5:07
- "Time In" (Davey Langit) - 4:29
- "Bulag, Pipi at Bingi" (Snaffu Rigor) - 4:47
- "Just Cant Say" (Constantino) - 4:11
- "Awit ng Pangarap" (Constantino) - 5:22
- "If We Fall In Love" (RJ Jimenez) - 4:30
- "Pangarap Lang" (Alvin Gonzales) - 4:06
- "Hawak Kamay" (Constantino) - 4:20
- Hawak Kamay was used as the Official Theme Song for the 2007 blockbuster Movie: Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo starring Judy Ann Santos & Ryan Agoncillo, where it won the Best Theme Song. It was also used for DepEd's advocacy to improve teaching in public schools.
- Salamat was Constantino debut single, and it was written by her. This was used as her the coronation during Pinoy Dream Academy.
- If We Fall In Love, it features Rj Jimenez vocals. It was used as sub-theme for the Koreanovela Princess Hours.
- Pangarap Lang was the fourth offering single from this album, which was composed by Alvin Gonzales.
- Cool Off was released as the fifth single, the song is all about a couple who undergoes an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind.
- Time In a pop rock song featuring the group Cebalo, composed of her fellow scholars in Pinoy Dream Academy. It was used as the official Theme Song for the Fantaserye Komiks Presents: Varga were parts of the lyrics are changed. The song also played inside Big Brother (TV series) house in Finland during the time when a Filipina housemate Cathy Remperas swapped with Finn Kätlin Laas. In 2010 the song used in the movie Paano Na Kaya.
"Salamat" debuted at no. 2 and stayed at this position the following week and dropped at no. 3 the following next 2 weeks. then it climbed up at no. 1 on April 15, 2007. It stayed the Top 10 Albums for almost 9 months.
Salamat received its Gold Status 2 weeks after its release, followed by a Platinum Certification a few weeks after, until it reached a Triple Platinum status.
|Philippines (PARI)||3× Platinum||90,000^|||
Awards and recognition
- Awit Awards 2008: "Best Album of the year" - "Salamat"
- Awit Awards 2008: "Best inspirational/religious song" - "Salamat"
- Awit Awards 2008: "Best-selling album of the year" - "Salamat"
- Awit Awards 2008: "People's Choice Favorite Song of the Year" - "Salamat"
- Awit Awards 2008: "People's Choice FAvorite Music Video" - "Time-In"
- Best Theme Song (Kasal Kasali Kasalo's "Hawak Kamay"): 32nd Metro Manila Film Festival
- Most Promising Female Recording/Concert Artist: 2006 Box Office Entertainment Awards.
- Best New Female Singer: Guillermo Mendoza Memorial Awards
- Female Artist Awardee: ASAP '07 24K Awards
- Pop Movie Theme Song (Kasal Kasali Kasalo's "Hawak Kamay"): ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2007
- Pop Music Video ("Time In"): ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards 2007
- Compilation Awardee ("Nagmamahal Kapamilya Album"): 3rd ASAP Platinum Circle Awards
- Female Awardee ("Salamat"): 3rd ASAP Platinum Circle Awards
- Favorite New Artist: 1st OPM Songhits 2007 Awards
- Best Theme Song (Kasal Kasali Kasalo's "Hawak Kamay"): 55th FAMAS Awards 2007
- Breakthrough Artist: 1st OPM Songhits Awards 2007
- Hitmaker Of The Year: Yeng Constantino (7 hit songs for the year 2007): 1st Megamixx Radio Music Awards (Guam)
- Most Popular Song by a Duo ("If we fall in love" with RJ Jimenez): 2nd IFM Pinoy Music Awards
- Extremely Requested Videoke Song ("Hawak Kamay"): 2nd IFM Pinoy Music Awards
- "Yeng Constantino's Salamat Album Details via Titik Pilipino". Archived from the original on 2007-06-26. Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Yeng Constantino: OPM's Gold Find Of 2006". Archived from the original on 2007-06-30. Retrieved 2007-06-10.
- "Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo bags 9 Famas awards". Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2007-11-27.
- "Yeng Constantino donated her hit song to DepED for the use of the Adopt-A-School Program's campaign". Retrieved 2007-11-27.
- "Hawak Kamay: DepED Brigada Eskwela". Retrieved 2007-11-27.[dead link]
- "If We Fall In Love - Yeng Constantino Ft Rj Jimenez". Retrieved 2007-12-02.
- "Yeng Constatino's Salamat Album topped Odyssey's Album Chart: April 15, 2007". Archived from the original on 2007-05-04. Retrieved 2007-04-15.
- "Yeng Constantino 's Salamat & Journey Album Chart Performance History!". Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "Yeng's Salamat-- Now Available in iTunes!". Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- "Yeng Constantino wins two trophies in the 2007 OPM Songhits Awards". pep.ph. Retrieved 2015-11-01.
- "Star Records wins 6 music awards". ABS-CBN News Online. 2008-02-09. Retrieved 2008-04-20.[dead link]