|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barabani|
As per 2011 Census of India Salanpur had a total population of 4,739 of which 2,454 (52%) were males and 2,285 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 658. The total number of literates in Salanpur was 2,909 (71.28% of the population over 6 years).
Collieries in the Salanpur Area of Eastern Coalfields are: Dabor, Sagramgarh, Begunia, Khoirabad, Modarbahal, Barmondia, Chakballavpur, Sangramgarh OCP, Gourandi OCP, Bonjemehari OCP, Mohanpur OCP and Balmiya OCP.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Burdwan". Tables 2.1, 2.2,. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate". Find your police station. Asansol Durgapur Police. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Coalmining impact on the Environment" (PDF). Chapter V: Table 5.2. shodganga.infibnet. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- "73539 Andal-Jasidih DEMU". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Eastern Coalfields Limited's Hospitals" (PDF). ECL. Retrieved 23 April 2017.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|