|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barabani|
|Cities, towns and ECL Areas in the western portion of Asansol Sadar subdivision in Paschim Bardhaman district|
MC: municipal corporation, P: rural administrative unit, CT: census town, N: neighbourhood, OG: out growth, T: temple
Owing to space constraints in the small map, the actual locations in a larger map may vary slightly
As per the 2011 census, 83.33% of the population of Asansol Sadar subdivision was urban and 16.67% was rural.In 2015, the municipal areas of Kulti, Raniganj and Jamuria were included within the jurisdiction of Asansol Municipal Corporation.Asansol Sadar subdivision has 26 (+1 partly) Census Towns.(partly presented in the map alongside; all places marked on the map are linked in the full-screen map).
As per 2011 Census of India Salanpur had a total population of 4,739 of which 2,454 (52%) were males and 2,285 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 658. The total number of literates in Salanpur was 2,909 (71.28% of the population over 6 years).
As per ECL website telephone numbers, operational collieries in the Salanpur Area of Eastern Coalfields in 2018 are: Bonjemehari Colliery, Barmondia Colliery, Dabor Colliery, Gourandi Colliery, Gourandi Begunia Colliery and Mohonpur OCP.
Bhushan Steel signed an agreement with the West Bengal government to set up a 2 million tonne steel plant, with auxiliary facilities, at Salanpur, in 2007. The company expected to get around 2,500 acres of land acquired in the subsequent one year and start production in 2012. With growing resistance to land acquisition the state government was not able to make much headway. In 2012, Bhusan Steel put the project on hold.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Bardhaman". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 23 September 2018.
- "Asansol Durgapur Police Commissionerate". Find your police station. Asansol Durgapur Police. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Burdwan". Table 2.2, 2.4(a). Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "The Kolkata Gazette" (PDF). Notification No. 335/MA/O/C-4/1M-36/2014 dated 3 June 2015. Department of Municipal Affairs, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Area-wise Closed User Group (CUG) Telephone Numbers" (PDF). Salanpurr Area. Eastern Coalfields Limited. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Bhusan Steel to invest Rs. 8,800 crore in West Bengal". Rebuilding Bharat. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Salanpur land hearing put off". Business Standard, 29 November 2010. Retrieved 5 February 2017.
- "Bhusan Steel's Bengal Plant Land in Acquisition Trouble". The Economic Times, 3 January 2012. Retrieved 30 January 2017.
- "73539 Andal-Jasidih DEMU". Time Table. indiarailinfo. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "List of State Highways in West Bengal". West Bengal Traffic Police. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Eastern Coalfields Limited's Hospitals" (PDF). ECL. Retrieved 23 April 2017.