|Place of origin|
|Region or state||Romania|
|Main ingredients||Chicken |
Salată de boeuf ("beef salad") is a traditional Romanian and Moldovan dish, generally served during all festive and special occasions. It is a combination of finely chopped beef (or sometimes chicken, or turkey breast) and root vegetables, folded in mayonnaise and finished with murături, pickled vegetable garnishes. It can be made vegetarian, too.
The dish is usually made up in large quantities for the whole party on occasions such as Christmas Eve. It's eaten as a side dish/salad to fried meats or as an appetiser/entrée. Slight differences exist in quantities, and these vary according to taste.
- 10 recipes of Salată de boeuf (in Romanian)
- Boeuf Salad at food.com
- "Rețetă clasică salată de boeuf pentru Crăciun". Monitorul de Cluj (in Romanian). December 17, 2020. Retrieved September 30, 2021.
- Barbara Rolek (March 25, 2021). "Romanian/Russian Salata de Boeuf (Salat Olivje)". The Spruce Eats.
- "Boeuf salad". Delicious Romania. February 12, 2017.
- Salată de boeuf at gourmet-European-recipes.com