Salay, Misamis Oriental
Map of Misamis Oriental with Salay highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|District||1st district of Misamis Oriental|
|Founded||June 19, 1960|
|• Mayor||Angelo G. Capistrano Jr.|
|• Total||92.79 km2 (35.83 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||310/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||19,211 voters (2016)|
Poblacion is the center of Salay and had been governed by the Capistrano politicians until the 2007 elections. Lanzones is one of the major source of income among Salayanos aside from commerce at Poblacion and fishing to other people. May 1 is the official feast day of Salay although March feast is also celebrated and is the original.
Salay Central School provides primary education to the graders in this town while the nearby Salay National High School provides the secondary education, the latter has been nationally recognized for quality education among public schools.
Salay is politically subdivided into 18 barangays.
- Salay River I
- Salay River II
|Population census of Salay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Salay, Misamis Oriental, was 28,705 people, with a density of 310 inhabitants per square kilometre or 800 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Misamis Oriental". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Misamis Oriental". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|