|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Jhargram|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Salboni|
Salboni (also written as Salbani) is a village, with a police station, in Salboni CD Block, in Medinipur Sadar subdivision of Paschim Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is the location of a Reserve Bank of India currency printing pres
As per 2011 Census of India Salbani had a total population of 3,963 of which 1,973 (50%) were males and 1,990 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 371. The total number of literates in Salbani was 3,080 (77.72% of the population over 6 years).
CD Block HQ
The headquarters of Salboni Block are located at Salboni.
Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India, has note printing presses at Salboni and Mysore with a capacity of 16 billion note pieces per year.
- Royal Air force – History of No. 356 Squadron
- 159 Squadron
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Salboni
- "2011 Census – Primary Census Abstract Data Tables". West Bengal – District-wise. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "District Census Handbook: Paschim Medinipur" (PDF). Map of Paschim Medinipur with CD Block HQs and Police Stations (on the fifth page). Directorate of Census Operations, West Bengal, 2011. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "District Statistical Handbook 2014 Paschim Medinipur". Tables 2.1, 2.2. Department of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "District at a Glance". Paschim Medinipur District Police. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- "Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (P) Ltd.". Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (P) Ltd. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Salboni.|