This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Known for||Ghazal, "Main khayal hoon kisi aur ka".|
Saleem Kausar (Urdu: سلیم کوثر), born Muhammad Saleem (Urdu: محمد سلیم) on August 1947, is a Pakistani Urdu poet. He has published several poetry books. He has also written various title songs for different TV play serials. He has attended several poetry gatherings in various countries.
Kausar was born on August 1947 in Panipat, India. After partition, his family migrated to Pakistan and settled in Khanewal, Punjab, Pakistan. He received his primary and secondary education there. Later he with his family moved to Kabeerwala. In 1972, he shifted to Karachi, Sindh, where he has worked in various newspapers before joining Pakistan Television (PTV). He was retired several years ago.
Kausar began his literary career from Kabeerwala, where he met with well-known and national poets and learnt and practiced Urdu poetry. He also attended poetry gatherings. After moving to Karachi, he joined Urdu newspapers and wrote Qat'aas (quatrains), a form of Urdu poetry on a daily basis. He has written five collections of Urdu poetry. He became famous after his ghazal "Main khiyal hoon kisi aur ka" sung by various singers, was breakthrough in 1980. He has visited several countries to participate the poetry gatherings, including Doha, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Denmark, Middle East and India.
A writer says;
"He may not be rich in the literal sense of the word, but he is generous enough to share the fruit of his craft to make people happy:
Piyar karnay kay liyay, geet sunanay kay liyay
Ik khazana hai maray pass lutanay kay liyay
(To love and to sing songs, I have a treasure to lavish upon others.)"
- Muhabbat aik shajar ha 1994 محبت اِک شجر ہے
- Khali haathon mein arz-o-sama 1980خالی ہاتھوں میں ارض و سماء
- Yeh chiragh hai tau jala rahai 1987یہ چراغ ہے تو جلا رہے
- Zara mausam badalnay dau 1991ذرا موسم بدلنے دو
- Duniya meri aarzoo se kam hey 2007 دنیا مری آرزو سے کم ہے
- "Saleem Kausar-Publications". Bio-Bibliography.com. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- "ادارۂ فکر نو کراچی کی تشکیل نو-Established Literay Org". Daily Jasarat.com. 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "MQM Connecticut Chapter Host an Evening with Famous Urdu Poet Saleem Kausar". Old.MQM USA.com. 2011-12-11. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "I have a treasure of love and song — Saleem Kausar, By Naseer Ahmad". Daily Dawn. 2008-05-15. Retrieved 2013-04-05.
- "Welcome To The Islamic Center Of The North East Valley". Islamic Center.com. 2013-01-27. Retrieved 2013-04-05.