|This article is outdated. (July 2012)|
|Minister of Education|
14 April 2011
|Prime Minister||Adel Safar|
|Preceded by||Ali Sa’d|
|Born||1964 (age 50–51)
Aleppo Governorate, Syria
|Alma mater||University of Aleppo|
Early life, education and career
Al-Rashed was born in the Aleppo Governorate in 1964. He earned a bachelor's degree in political science, economics and management, and a postgraduate diploma in international relations from the University of Aleppo. He then earned a master's degree in international relations (thesis: Relations between Syria and the European Union) and a Ph.D. in political science on partnership agreements between the European Union and the Arab countries after the Barcelona Declaration.
During his time at the University of Aleppo:
- 1995-2005: lecturer in multiple colleges and institutes: Faculty of History, Education, Civil Engineering and the Institute of Mechanical and medium business, engineering and secretarial
- 2000: President of the Office of Information and Central Direction
- 2001-2003: President of the Office of External Relations
- 2003-2005: President of the Office of the setup and qualification frameworks
- 2005-2007: Head of Educational activities
In 2007 he was appointed Director of Education in Aleppo.
In related experience, he was appointed National Coordinator of the Syria Euro-Mediterranean Youth Project in 2000. He has also been a member of the Technical Committee and a member of the youth auxiliary of the Council of Ministers of Youth and Sports in the Arab League. He has had a number of papers published in periodicals and newspapers, and in 2005 wrote a book about Syria and the European Union and the Mediterranean area.
- Minister of Education Saleh al-Rashed, SANA
- Biography of the new Syrian government 2011 - the names and lives of government ministers, Syria FM, 17 April 2011
- Ministry of Education official government website