Salem County Career and Technical High School
|Salem County Career and Technical High School|
|880 Route 45
Pilesgrove, NJ 08098
|Type||Vocational public high school|
|School district||Salem County Vocational Technical Schools|
|Enrollment||738 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.0:1|
|Team name||Career and Tech|
Salem County Career and Technical High School is a four-year vocational public high school located in Pilesgrove Township, New Jersey, United States, that serves the vocational education needs of students in ninth through twelfth grades in Salem County, as part of the Salem County Vocational Technical Schools.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 738 students and 43.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 17.0:1. There were 121 students (16.4% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 36 (4.9% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
Schooldigger.com ranked the school 130th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 99 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (82.0%) and language arts literacy (97.5%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
Salem County Career and Technical High School Career & Tech interscholastic athletics are overseen by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA), competing independently, not as a member of an athletic conference. With 649 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as South Jersey, Group II for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 496 to 778 students in that grade range.
- School data for Salem County Career and Technical High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Salem County Vocational Technical School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed June 7, 2016.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 4, 2012.
- League & Conference Affiliations 2016-2017, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed January 10, 2017.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Salem County Career and Technical High School
- Salem County Vocational Technical Schools
- Salem County Vocational Technical Schools's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Salem County Vocational Technical Schools, National Center for Education Statistics