Salem Township, Knox County, Illinois
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||36.36 sq mi (94.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.76 sq mi (92.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.6 sq mi (2 km2) 1.65%|
|Elevation||679 ft (207 m)|
|• Density||28.1/sq mi (10.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61458, 61529, 61531, 61572|
|GNIS feature ID||0429702|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.36 square miles (94.2 km2), of which 35.76 square miles (92.6 km2) (or 98.35%) is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km2) (or 1.65%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Blakeslee, Summitt-Douglas, Uniontown and Yates City.
Airports and landing strips
- Tri-County Airport
- Grandt Lake
- Farmington Central Community Unit School District 265
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Salem Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Haw Creek Township||Elba Township||Brimfield Township, Peoria County|
|Maquon Township||Elmwood Township, Peoria County|
|Fairview Township, Fulton County||Farmington Township, Fulton County||Trivoli Township, Peoria County|