Salem Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.61 sq mi (89.6 km2)|
|• Land||33.92 sq mi (87.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.69 sq mi (1.8 km2) 1.99%|
|Elevation||1,004 ft (306 m)|
|• Density||66.7/sq mi (25.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||453825|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.61 square miles (89.6 km2), of which 33.92 square miles (87.9 km2) (or 98.01%) is land and 0.69 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 1.99%) is water. Lakes in this township include Big Turkey Lake, Black Lake, Henry Lake, Limekiln Lake, Little Turkey Lake and McClish Lake. The streams of Mud Creek, Mud Creek and Nettle Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Hudson (northwest half)
- Helmer at
- Lakeside Park at
- Meadow Shores Park at
- Salem Center at
- Turkey Creek at
- Westview at
- Wildwood at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jackson Township (north)
- Pleasant Township (northeast)
- Steuben Township (east)
- Smithfield Township, DeKalb County (southeast)
- Fairfield Township, DeKalb County (south)
- Wayne Township, Noble County (southwest)
- Milford Township, LaGrange County (west)
- Springfield Township, LaGrange County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Block, Circle, County Line, Hollister, Trinity and Wright.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.