From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up salience in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Salience (or saliency) may refer to:
- Availability, salience and vividness, concepts in social psychology
- Incentive salience, a motivational "wanting" attribute given by the brain
- Mortality salience, a product of the terror management theory in social psychology
- Salience (language), the property of being noticeable or important
- Salience (neuroscience), the perceptual quality by which an observable thing stands out relative to its environment
- Social salience, in social psychology, a set of reasons which draw an observer's attention toward a particular object
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Salience.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.