15 November 1944
|Died||19 October 1989 (aged 44)|
|Known for||servant 'Akbar' role in PTV's Drama Serial Aangan Terha|
|Awards||Pride of Performance Award by the President of Pakistan in 1990|
Saleem Nasir (Urduسلیم ناصر; 1944 – 1989) was a Pakistani film and TV actor. With some experience in film and television acting roles, he later developed his artistic skills and built his career based on his versatile roles. He tried to do justice to every role that was offered to him. He is considered a legend actor for his iconic role in PTV drama serial Angan terha.
Early life and career
- Film Zaib-un-Nisa (1976). Other cast: Waheed Murad, Shamim Ara, Aaliya. Film Director: Fareed Ahmed
- In Aangan Terha, (PTV drama serial) Salim Nasir played the role of a servant, Akbar, who used to be a dancer, before being hired as a servant by a retired Civil servant, Shakeel, dubbed as Mehboob Ahmed. Other cast: Bushra Ansari, Shakeel, Arshad Mehmood. Director: Qaiser Farooq. Writer: Anwar Maqsood. The serial was forced to stop under the Martial Law administration pressure as the script written by Anwar Maqsood was indirectly criticizing the Army Rule during General Zia-ul-Haq era.
- In Dastak, (PTV drama serial), he played the role of a lawyer. Other cast: Ayaz Naik, Shazia Akhtar, Qazi Wajid.
- In Ankahi , he played an authoritative role. It is a story of ordinary people trying to make it against all odds. Other cast: Shehnaz Sheikh, Shakeel, Javed Sheikh, and young Jibran. Director: Shoaib Mansoor/ Mohsin Ali. Writer: Haseena Moin.
- In Nishan-e-Haider", he played the role of Captain Sarwar Shaheed.
- In Aakhri Chattan, he played the role of Sultan Jalal ad-Din Manguberdi
- In Jangloos A PTV drama as 'Mian Ji' (Last television play)
- Salim Nasir made a guest appearance in Anwar Maqsood's PTV stage show, Silver Jubilee, in 1983.
- In Yanaseeb Clinic he played the role of a director.
- In Haseena Moin's 'Bandish' he played opposite Khalida Riyasat, Mahmood Masood, Talat Hussain and Zafar Masood. The serial was directed by Shirin Khan and Mohsin Ali.
At the age of 45 years, Salim Nasir suffered a heart attack on 24 September 1989. On 19 October 1989, he experienced signs of extreme heart congestion around noon. He was rushed to the hospital but died before any medical treatment could be provided. He was survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.
- 'Remembering Saleem Nasir' Dawn (newspaper), Published 16 Jan 2011, Retrieved 6 December 2020
- Looking back at Zaheen Tahira's most timeless characters Dawn (newspaper), Published 11 July 2019, Retrieved 6 December 2020
- Maliha Rehman (21 August 2020). "Haseena Moin's Ankahi is coming to a stage near you". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 6 December 2020.
- Salim Nasir at IMDb, Filmography of actor Salim Nasir
- Filmography of actor Salim Nasir on Complete Index To World Film (CITWF) website